MATEC Web Conf.
Volume 311, 2020IX Czarnowski Readings – Annual International Scientific and Practical Conference on the Organization of Production and Industrial Policy
|Number of page(s)||6|
|Published online||23 March 2020|
- Olga Pavlova, April 19, 2019, The 20 best charitable foundations of Russia’s richest businessmen. The first rating of Russian Forbes philanthropists//https://www.forbes.ru/milliardery-photogallery/200-bogateyshih-rossiyan-2019375027-20- luchshih-blagotvoritelnyh-fondov? Photo = 1 (accessed May.15.2019). [Google Scholar]
- Melnikov R.M. Changes in approaches to financing scientific and innovative programs and projects in modern world practice//Financial analytics: problems and solutions. 2016. No. 29 (311). P. 8. [Google Scholar]
- Bastrakova M.S. Philanthropic support of science in Russia in the second half of the 19th century//QUESTIONS OF HISTORY OF NATURAL SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, Volume: 33, No. 1 Year: 2012, PP. 49, 56. [Google Scholar]
- Blinov A.N. From the history of creation of national scientific funds//Bulletin of The Russian Humanitarian Scientific Fund, No. 1 (70), 2013, PP. 258–259. [Google Scholar]
- Alexander Vucinich in the book Science in Russian Culture, 1861–1917. By Stanford: Stanford University Press, 1970, P. 366), writes about various societies in the Russian Empire, including Ledentsovsky. Professor Loren R. Graham in the book “Science in Russia and the Soviet Union: A short history”/Loren R. Graham. - Cambridge: Cambridge University press, 1993, P. 207) describing the fate of the physicist P.N. Lebedev, mentioned at a glance the Ledentsov Society and the University of Shanyavsky. Professor Daniel P. Todes in his book “Ivan Pavlov: A Russian Life in Science” (Oxford University Press; 1st edition (November 12, 2014), P. 305), describes the activities of the great scientist Ivan Pavlov. He writes that Pavlov made a contact with the Ledentsov Society, calling it “a new phenomenon in the life of Russia: a scientific society fully supported by private foundations that received grants through a non-governmental process” and emphasizes that it was created “in March 1909, by the will of a Moscow merchant with the capital of two million roubles» by two state institutions – Moscow University and Imperial Moscow Technical School. Professor David E. Lewis, in The Wolff-Kishner Reduction and Related Reactions (1st Edition, Imprint: Elsevier, 19th July 2019, PP. 23–24), writes that the Society was founded in 1909 by the will of the philanthropist Christopher Semenovich Ledentsov. In his opinion, the amount “bequeathed by Ledentsov was actually more than the bequest of Alfred Nobel granted to establish the Nobel Prizes, but these funds were confiscated by the Soviet government immediately after the revolution, so the Ledentsov Prizes could never compete with the Nobel Prizes”. [Google Scholar]
- Morozova, S.G. Society for Assisting the Successes of Experimental Sciences of Kh. S. Ledentsov: his contribution to the scientific and technological progress of Russia - M.: B. and., 1993. - 54 p.; Gaysinskaya L.I. Documentary materials of the Society for Assisting the Successes of Experimental Sciences and Their Practical Applications named after H.S. Ledentsov//Historical archive. - 1995. - No. 5. - P. 110–139; Kuzmichev A.D. Ledentsov ‘s Society, N.F. Czarnowski and the inventors//Second Czarnowski Readings. Collection of works. Materials of the II international scientific conference on the organization of production. Moscow, December 7–8, 2012 - M.: NP “Association of Controllers”, 2013, SS. 64–69. [Google Scholar]
- Karatygina T.F. Library of the Society for Assisting the Successes of Experimental Sciences and Their Practical Applications named after H.S. Ledentsov//Scientific and technical libraries of the USSR. - 1979. - No. 6. - S. 25–28; Rybnikov V. Name on the obelisk//Red North. - 1985. - July 24, 26; Rybnikov V. Incognito from Vologda//Inventor and rationalizer. - 1987. - No. 9. - S. 38–41. [Google Scholar]
- Volkov V.A., M.V. Kulikova Khristofor Semenovich Ledentsov and his Society//Nature. - 1991. - No. 2. - P. 125–128; Antsupova G. Ledetsovskoe Society//Man and Labour. - No. 3. - P. 125–127; Vtorov O.A. Personal Honorary Citizen of Russia//IVF. - 2000. - No. 8. - P. 134–143; Lishevsky V.P. Patron of Science//Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences. - 2000. - T. 70 (No. 1). - P. 60–62; Zavyalova O.N. To the question of studying the activity of Kh. S. Ledentsov and “Society for assisting the successes of experimental sciences and their practical applications”//Lacency readings. Business. The Science. Education - materials of the International Scientific and Practical Conference, Vologda, April 22, 2009, Publisher: Non-governmental educational institution of higher professional education Vologda Institute of Business (Vologda), 2009, PP. 50–58; Morozova S.G. Friends of humanity, or Two million gold in Russian science//“CHEMISTRY AND LIFE” No. 4, 2013/https://hij.ru/read/issues/2013/apnl/2536/(accessed January 7, 2018). [Google Scholar]
- Sazonov G.A. “Cannot be measured by the general “arshin”…”: the tale of the great Russian philanthropist Christopher Ledentsov. - Vologda: Publisher of ANO “Intelinform”, 2012. - 224 p.; Bochkov A.S. Khristofor Semenovich Ledentsov - thinker and philanthropist [Text]/A. S. Bochkov. - Moscow: Luch, 2013. – 396 p.; Bochkov A.S. Vologda non-possessor Ledentsov Khristofor Semenovich. Imperial Russian Historical Society - Moscow: Cimmerian Centre, 2014. – 502 P. [Google Scholar]
- “Vremennik” of the Society for Assisting the Successes of Experimental Sciences and Their Practical Applications named after H.S. Ledentsov (the life of the Society for 1909) M., 1910, Vol. 1 and 2, P. 15. We would like to mark that S. G. Morozova writes that the society included following titular members: N. D. Zelinsky and V. I. Vernadsky, P. K. Khudyakov and S. A. Chaplygin, A.E. Chichibabin and L.A. Chugaev, A.M. Bochvar and V.V. Zvorykin, D.N. Pryanishnikov and others. N.E. Zhukovsky, I.I. Mechnikov, and K.A. Timiryazev were elected as honorary members of the Society. By 1917, the Society united 290 people already, amongst them were the influential members of the society - S. N. Tretyakov, D. P. Ryabushinsky, N. D. and P. A. Morozov, V. I. Kovalevsky. See more details: Morozova S.G. Friends of humanity, or Two million gold in Russian science//CHEMISTRY AND LIFE No.4, 2013. [Google Scholar]
- https://hij.ru/read/issues/192013/april/2536/(accessed January 7, 2018). [Google Scholar]
- The following expert commissions acted: under the chairmanship of N.E. Zhukovsky - for aeronautics; I.A. Kablukov - in chemistry; in electrical engineering - P.N. Lebedev; in chemical technology - P.P. Petrov; on technology of fibrous substances - S.A. Fedorov; in railway, architectural, construction business - A.P. Gavrilenko; on engines of all kinds - V.I. Grinevetsky; for cars, tools, apparatuses - N.F. Czarnowski. - See more details Antsupova G.N. BMSTU through the eyes of a historian. - M., Publishing House of BMSTU, 2000, PP. 110–114 [Google Scholar]
- Volkov V.A. Kulikova M.V. Khristofor Semenovich Ledentsov and his Society//Nature. - 1991. - No. 2. - PP. 125–128. http://business.vib.edu.ru/ist_volpr/person/ledentsov/05.htm (accessed 05. 06.2019). [Google Scholar]
- Central Historical Archive of Moscow [Google Scholar]
- “Vremennik” of the Society for Assisting the Successes of Experimental Sciences and Their Practical Applications named after H.S. Ledentsov, M., 1911 Vol. 1., PP.14–15. [Google Scholar]
- In particular, these issues are highlighted in the work of Natalia Vedeneeva, The mystery of billions of the “Russian Nobel”//Moskovsky Komsomolets No. 2777 of June 29, 2018 is devoted to these issues. [Google Scholar]
- Let us point out the main studies of A.D. Kuzmichev, which are dedicated to Czarnowski: Nikolai Czarnowski: on the 100th anniversary of the world’s first management textbook//Materials of the international scientific conference “Economic Reforms in Russia of the XIX - XX Centuries. New approaches, methods and research technologies. M., Moscow State University named after M.V. Lomonosov, November-December 2011//Writings of the History Department of Moscow State University: Issue. 52. Economic history. Review. Issue 16. M., Publishing House of Moscow State University, 2011, PP. 165–169; Nikolai Czarnowski: milestones of biography//Czarnowski readings. On the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the publication of the world’s first management textbook “Organization of Industrial Enterprises for the Processing of Metals”. Volume 1. M. Moscow, December 9–10, 2011. M., REC “Controlling and managerial innovation” BMSTU., 2012, PP. 69–77; N.F. Czarnowski and the establishment of scientific management in Russia//Russian Management Journal, Volume 10, No. 3, 2012, PP. 165176; To the 110th anniversary of the world’s first production management course//Problems of Management Theory and Practice, No. 8, 2014, PP. 139–142; Nikolai Czarnowski and the beginning of the twentieth century in <edg>Russia: enterprises and their leaders//8th Czarnowski readings. Proceedings of the VIII All-Russian Scientific Conference on the Organization of Production. FORUM MODERN ENTERPRISE AND THE FUTURE OF RUSSIA. Moscow, December 7–8, 2018 - Moscow: REC “Controlling and Management Innovations”, BMSTU; Higher School of Engineering, 2019, PP. 84–101; Nikolai Czarnowski - agent of the new time//Economic Strategies, 2019, No. 1, PP. 104–109. [Google Scholar]
- Organization of industrial enterprises for metal processing (article)//Bulletin of the Polytechnic Society, under the Imperial Technical School, 1910, No. 1, 2, 5, 1911, No. 4 [Google Scholar]
- Falko S.G. History of the science about the organization of production. - M., BMSTU, 1988.–P. 13. [Google Scholar]
- “Vremennik” of the Society for Assisting the Successes of Experimental Sciences and Their Practical Applications named after H.S. Ledentsov, M., 1910 Vol. 3., PP.6–7. [Google Scholar]
- Same, PP. 44–45, 59–60 [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.