MATEC Web Conf.
Volume 103, 2017International Symposium on Civil and Environmental Engineering 2016 (ISCEE 2016)
|Number of page(s)||9|
|Section||Water and Wastewater Treatment Process|
|Published online||05 April 2017|
- L.T. Danh, P. Truong, R. Mammucari, T. Tran and N. Foster, Vetiver grass, Vetiveria zizanioides: a choice plant for phytoremediation of heavy metals and organic wastes, Int. J. of Phytoremediation, 11, 664–691 (2009) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- N.M.R. Pichai, R. Samjiamjiaras and H. Thammanoon, Vetiver and its multifold applications, Asian Infrastruct. Res. Rev., 3, 1–4 (2001) [Google Scholar]
- P.A. Dalton, R.J. Smith and P.N.V. Truong, Vetiver grass hedges for erosion control on a cropped flood plain: hedge hydraulics, Agr. Water Manage., 31, 91–104 (1996) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- P.N. Truong, Vetiver grass technology for environmental protection, Proc. of the Second Int. Vetiver Conf., Bangkok, Thailand, (2000) [Google Scholar]
- N. Roongtanakiat and P. Chairoj, Uptake potential of some heavy metals by vetiver grass, Kasersart J. (Nat. Sci.), 35, 46–50 (2001) [Google Scholar]
- D.E. Salt, M. Blaylock, N.P.B.A. Kumar, V. Dushenkov, B.D. Ensley, I. Chet and I. Raskin, Phytoremediation: a novel strategy for the removal of toxic metals from the environment using plants, Biotechnology, 13(5), 174–468 (1995) [Google Scholar]
- P.N. Truong, Y.K. Foong, M. Guthrie and Y.T. Hung, Phytoremediation of heavy metal contaminated soils and water using vetiver grass, Environ. Bioengineering, 11, 233–275 (2010) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- S. Kidney, Phytoremediation may take root in Brownfields, The Brownfields Report, 2(14), 1–6 (1997) [Google Scholar]
- National Risk Management Research Laboratory (NRMRL), Environment Protection Agency (2000) [Google Scholar]
- F.M. Kusin, A review of the importance of hydraulic residence time on improved design of mine water treatment systems, World Appl. Sci., 26(10), 1316–1322 (2013) [Google Scholar]
- N. Chomchalow, The role of vetiver in controlling water quantity and treating water quality: an overview with special reference to Thailand, The Fourth Thai Nat. Conf. on Vetiver, Bangkok, Thailand, AU J.T., 6(3), 145–161 (2003) [Google Scholar]
- W.S. Shu, Exploring the potential utilization of vetiver in treating acid mine drainage (AMD), Proc. of the Third Int. Vetiver Conf., Guangzhou, China, (2003) [Google Scholar]
- F.M. Kusin, A.P. Jarvis and C.J. Gandy, Hydraulic performance and iron removal in wetlands and lagoons treating ferruginous coal mine waters, Wetlands, 34(3), 555–564 (2014) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- R. Webb, The Permaculture Research Institute, Vetiver grass – a hedge against erosion, (2009), Retrieved on June 15, 2015 from http://permaculturenews.org [Google Scholar]
- M.V. Prasanna, S.M. Praveena, S. Chidambaram, R. Nagarajan and A. Elayaraja, Evaluation of water quality pollution indices for heavy metal contamination monitoring: a case study from Curtin Lake, Miri City, East Malaysia, Environ. Earth Sci., 67, 1987–2001 (2012) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- H. Hatar, S.A. Rahim, W.M. Razi and F.K. Sahrani, Heavy metals content in acid mine drainage at abandoned and active mining area, AIP Conf. Proc., 1571, 641–646 (2013) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- T. Hadibarata, F. Abdullah, A.R.M. Yusoff, R. Ismail, S. Azman and N. Adnan, Correlation study between land use, water quality, and heavy metals (Cd, Pb, and Zn) content in water and green lipped mussels Perna viridis (Linnaeus.) at the Johor Strait, Water Air Soil Pollut., 223, 3125–3136 (2012) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- N. Roongtanakiat, S. Tangruangkiat and R. Meesat, Utilization of vetiver grass (Vetiveria zizanioides) for removal of heavy metals from industrial wastewaters, Science Asia, 33, 397–403 (2007) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- N. Darajeh, A. Idris, P. Truong, A.A. Aziz, R.A Bakar and H.C. Man, Phytoremediation potential of vetiver system technology for improving the quality of palm oil mill effluent, Adv. Mater. Sc. Eng., 4 (2014) [Google Scholar]
- I. Raskin, R.D. Smith and D.E. Salt, Phytoremediation of metals: using plants to remove pollutants from the environment, Curr. Opin. Biotechnol., 8, 221–226 (1997) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- S.S. Andra, R. Datta, D. Sarkar, S.K.M. Saminathan, C.P. Mullens and S.B.H. Bach, Analysis of phytochelatin complexes in the lead tolerant vetiver grass [Vetiveria zizanioides (L.)] using liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry, Environ. Pollut., 157, 2173–2183 (2009) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- S. Ladislas, C. Gérente, F. Chazarenc, J. Brisson and Y. Andrès, Performances of two macrophytes species in floating treatment wetlands for cadmium, nickel, and zinc removal from urban stormwater runoff, Water, Air, Soil Pollut., 224, 1408 (2013) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.