MATEC Web Conf.
Volume 66, 2016The 4th International Building Control Conference 2016 (IBCC 2016)
|Number of page(s)||6|
|Published online||13 July 2016|
- Jorgensen, K. (2009). Failures and defects in the building process – applying the bow-tie approach. CIB Joint International Symposium, Dubrovnik, Croatia [Google Scholar]
- Haryati, M.I, Hassan, F., Takim, R., Che Mat, M., and Ithnin, Z. (2010). How adequate is adequate? a case of the adequacy in determining client requirements in the construction of four public hospitals in Malaysia. CIB World Congress, Salford University [Google Scholar]
- Haryati, M.I. (2014). An improved operational framework for defects liability management system for design and build public hospital projects, University Technology MARA Malaysia. Unpublished PhD Thesis (PhD) [Google Scholar]
- Atkinson, A. (1998). Human error in the management of building projects. Construction, Management and Economics, 16(3), 339–349 [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Josephson, P.E., and Hammarlund, Y. (1999). The causes and costs of defects in construction: a study of seven building projects. Automation in Construction, 8(6), 681–687 [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Pheng, L.S., and Wee, D. (2001). Improving maintenance and reducing building defects through ISO 9000. Journal of Quality in Maintenance Engineering, 7(1), 6–24 [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Chong, W.K., and Low, S.P. (2005). Assessment of defects at construction and occupancy stages. Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, 19(4), 283–289 [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Sommerville, J. (2007). Defects and rework in new build: an analysis of the phenomenon and drivers. Structural Survey, 26(8), 391–407 [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Zietsman, R. (2008). Defects in the construction industry – then and now. 5th Postgraduate Conference on Construction Industry Development, Bloemfontein, South Africa [Google Scholar]
- Mills, A., Love, P.E.D., and Williams, P. (2009). Defect costs in residential construction. Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 135(1), 12–16 [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Lateef, O.A., Mohd Faris, K., and Arazi, I. (2010). Sustainability in the context of maintenance: building defects in the Malaysian university campuses. Journal of Retails and Leisure Property, 9(2), 137–149 [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Kian, P.S. (2001). A review of factors affecting building defects in Singapore. Dimensi Teknik Sipil, 3(2), 64–68 [Google Scholar]
- Grobler, K., and Pretorius, L. (2002). An evaluation of design-build as procurement method for building an civil engineering projects in South Africa. Journal of South African Institution of Civil Engineering, 44(1), 13–19 [Google Scholar]
- Andi, and Minato, T. (2004). Representing causal mechanism of defective designs: a system approach considering human errors. Construction Management and Economics, 21(3), 297–305 [Google Scholar]
- Atkinson, A.R. (2002). The pathology of building defects; a human error approach. Engineering Construction and Architectural Management, 9(1), 53–61 [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Ibrahim, A.R., Roy, M.H., Ahmed, Z., and Imtiaz, G. (2010). An investigation of the status of the Malaysian construction industry. Benchmarking An International Journal, 17(2), 294–308 [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Ahzahar, N., Karim, N.A., Hassan, S.H. and Eman, J. (2011). A study of contribution factors to building failures and defects in construction industry. Procedia Engineering, 20(3), 249–255 [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Palaniandy, P.R. (2011). A study on factors affecting quality deterioration in hausing construction industry in Klang Valley, Open University Malaysia. Unpublished MSc Thesis (MSc) [Google Scholar]
- Hassan, F., Haryati, M.I., Che Mat, M., Ithnin, Z., and Sapisey, Z. (2009). Report on defects during defects liability period for public hospital projects in Malaysia. Kuala Lumpur [Google Scholar]
- Wardhana, K., and Hardipriono, C. (2003). Study of the recent building failures in the United States. Journal of Performance of Construction and Facilities, 17(3), 157–158 [Google Scholar]
- Ilozor, B.D., Okoroh, M.I. and Egbu, C.E. (2004). Understanding residential house defects in Australia from the State of Victoria. Building and Environment, 39(3), 327–337 [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Carrillo, P. (2006). Lessons learned practices in the engineering, procurement and construction sector. Engineering, Construction and Architectural Management, 12(3), 236–250 [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Le, M.A.T., and Bronn, C. (2007). Linking experience and learning: application to multi- project building environments. Engineering, Construction and Architectural Management, 14(2), 150–163 [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Dvir, D., Raz, T., and Shenhar, A. (2003). An empirical analysis of the relationship between project planning and project success. International Journal of Project Management, 21(2), 89–95 [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.