MATEC Web of Conferences
Volume 6, 2013Concrete Spalling due to Fire Exposure: Proceedings of the 3rd International Workshop
|Number of page(s)||8|
|Section||Experimental Investigation of Spalling Mechanisms|
|Published online||17 September 2013|
- Harmathy T.Z. and Lie T.T., Fire Test Standard in the Light of Fire Research, Fire Test Performance, ASTM STP 464, American Society for Testing and Materials, 85–97, 1970. [CrossRef]
- Maluk C., Bisby L., Terrasi G., Krajcovic M., and Torero J.L., Novel Fire Testing Methodology: Why, How and What Now?, Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Performance Based and Life Cycle Structural Engineering (PLSE), 11pp, 2012.
- Sultan M.A., Harmathy T.Z., and Mehaffey J.R., Heat transmission in fire test furnaces, Fire and Materials, 10(2), 47–55, 1986. [CrossRef]
- Welch S. and Rubini P.A., Three-dimensional Simulation of A Fire-resistance Furnace, Proceedings of the 5th International Symposium on Fire Safety Science, 1009–1020, 1997.
- Harmarthy T.Z., The fire resistance test and its relation to real-world fires, Fire and Materials, 5(3), 112–122, 1981. [CrossRef]
- Wickström U., The plate thermometer – a simple instrument for reaching harmonized fire resistance tests, Fire Technology, 30(2), 195–208, 1994. [CrossRef]
- ISO, ISO 834: Fire Resistance Tests – Elements of Building Construction. International Organization for Standardization, Geneva, Switzerland, 25pp, 1999.
- ASTM, Test Method E119-12: Standard methods of fire test of building construction and materials, American Society for Testing Materials, West Conshohocken, PA, 34pp, 2012.
- Bisby L., Gales J., and Maluk C., A contemporary review of large-scale nonstandard structural fire testing. Fire Science Reviews, 2013. (in press)
- Stadler M., Mensinger M., Schaumann P., and Sothmann J., Munich Fire Tests on Membrane Action of Composite Slabs in Fire – Test Results and Recent Findings, Proceedings of the International Conference on Applications of Structural Fire Engineering, Prague, Czech Republic, 177–182, 2011.
- Mostafaei H., RR-316 – Hybrid Fire Testing for Performance Evaluation of Structures in Fire - Part 1: Methodology, National Research Council of Canada, Ottawa, 2011.
- Vassart O. and Zhao B., FRACOF Engineering Background. Report developed for the project Leonardo Da Vinci: Fire Resistance Assessment of Partially Protected Composite floors (FRACOF), 2011.
- Ödeen K., “Fire Test Standard in the Light of Fire Research”, ASTM Special Technical Publication 464, 30–56, 1970.
- Law M., Designing fire safety for steel – recent work, Proceedings of the ASCE Spring Convention, American Society of Civil Engineers, New York, 11–15 May, 1981.
- Eurocode 2, EN 1992-1-2: Design of concrete structures – Part 1.2: General rules – Structural fire design, European Committee for Standarisation, Brussels, Belgium, 2004.
- Mowrer F.W., Window Breakage Induced by Exterior Fires, NIST-GCR-98-751, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, MD, USA, 1998.
- Sakji S., Soize C., and Heck, J. Probabilistic Uncertainty Modeling for Thermomechanical Analysis of Plasterboard Submitted to Fire Load, Journal of Structural Engineering, 134(10), 1611–1618, 2008. [CrossRef]
- Terrasi G.P., Bisby L., Barbezat M., Affolter C., and Hugi E., Fire Behavior of Thin CFRP Pretensioned High Strength Concrete Slabs, Journal of Composites for Construction, 16(4), 381–394, 2012. [CrossRef]
- British Standard, BS EN 14889-2:2006, Fibres for concrete – Part 2: Polymer fibres – Definitions, specifications and conformity, 30pp, 2006.
- Khoury G., and Anderberg Y., Concrete Spalling Review, Report submitted to the Swedish National Road Administration, 60pp, 2000.
- Kodur V., Spalling in high strength concrete exposed to fire – Concerns, causes, critical parameters and cures, ASCE Structures Congress, Philadelphia, PA, 9pp, 2000.
- Hertz K. and Sørensen L., Test method for spalling of fire exposed concrete. Fire Safety Journal, 40(5), 466–476, 2005 [CrossRef]
- Smith K. and Atkinson T. Factors to consider in using PP fibres in concrete to provide explosive spalling resistance in the event of a fire. Shotcrete Elem. of a Syst., CRC Press, 261–268, 2010. [CrossRef]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.