MATEC Web Conf.
Volume 337, 2021PanAm-Unsat 2021: 3rd Pan-American Conference on Unsaturated Soils
|Number of page(s)||8|
|Section||Tailings and Waste Disposal|
|Published online||26 April 2021|
- W. Albright, C. Benson, G. Gee, A. Roesler, T. Abichou, P. Apiwantragoon, B. Lyles, S. Rock. (2004). Field water balance of landfill final covers. J. Environ. Qual., 33(6), 2317–2332. [Google Scholar]
- U.S. EPA. (1991). Design and Construction of RCRA/CERCLA Final Covers. Washington, D.C.; EPA/625/4-91/025. [Google Scholar]
- C. Benson, T. Abichou, W. Albright, G. Gee, A. Roesler. (2001). Field Evaluation of Alternative Earthen Final Covers. International Journal of Phytoremediation, 3(1), 105–127. [Google Scholar]
- M. Alam & M. Hossain. (2019). Evaluation of Post-Construction Changes in Soil Hydraulic Properties through Field Instrumentation and In Situ Testing. In Geo-Congress 2019: Geotechnical Materials, Modeling, and Testing, Reston, VA: American Society of Civil Engineers, 722-732. [Google Scholar]
- M. Khire, C. Benson, P. Bosscher. (1997). Water Balance Modeling of Earthen Landfill Covers. J. Geotech. Geoenviron. Eng., 123(8), 744–754. [Google Scholar]
- C. Bohnhoff, A. Ogorzalek, C. Benson, C. Shackelford, P. Apiwantragoon. (2009). Field Data and Water-Balance Predictions for a Monolithic Cover in a Semiarid Climate. J. Geotech. Geoenviron. Eng., 135(3), 333–348. [Google Scholar]
- M. Fayer, G. Gee, T. Reynolds, R. Morris. (1997). Hydrologic model tests for landfill covers using field data. Proceedings landfill capping in the semi-arid west: problems, perspectives, and solutions. Environmental Science and Research Foundation, Idaho Falls, ID, 53-68. [Google Scholar]
- P. Apiwantragoon, C. Benson, W. Albright. (2003). Comparison of water balance predictions made with HYDRUS-2D and field data from the Alternative Cover Assessment Program (ACAP). Proc., MODFLOW and More 2003: Understanding through Modeling, 751-755. [Google Scholar]
- C. Benson, G. Bohnhoff, A. Ogorzalek, C. Shackelford, P. Apiwantragoon, W. Albright. (2005). Field Data and Model Predictions for a Monolithic Alternative Cover. Waste Containment and Remediation, 1-16. [Google Scholar]
- M. Fayer & G. Gee. (1989). Predicted drainage at a semiarid site: Sensitivity to hydraulic property description and vapor flow (No. PNL-SA-17566; CONF-8910346-2). Pacific Northwest Lab., Richland, WA (USA). [Google Scholar]
- J. Zornberg, L. LaFountain, J. Caldwell. (2003). Analysis and design of evapotranspirative cover for hazardous waste landfill. J. Geotech. Geoenviron. Eng., 129(5), 427–438. [Google Scholar]
- C. Benson & M. Othman. (1993). Hydraulic conductivity of compacted clay frozen and thawed in situ. J. Geotech. Eng., 119(2): 276–294. [Google Scholar]
- G. Suter, R. Luxmoore, E. Smith. (1993). Compacted soil barriers at abandoned landfills will fail in the long term. J. Environ. Qual., 22, 217-226. [Google Scholar]
- M. Alam, M. Hossain, A. Ahmed, M. Khan. (2017). Comparison of Percolation of Flat and Slope Section Vegetated Lysimeters Using Field Soil Water Characteristic Curve. In PanAm Unsaturated Soils 2017, 28-37. [Google Scholar]
- M. Van Genuchten. (1980). A closed-form equation for predicting the hydraulic conductivity of unsaturated soils. Soil Scien. Soc. Amer. J., 44(5), 892–898. [Google Scholar]
- M. Alam. (2017). Evaluation of Plant Root on the Performance of Evapotranspiration (ET) Cover System. Doctoral Thesis, University of Texas at Arlington, Texas, USA. [Google Scholar]
- L. Hoyos, M. Alam, M. Hossain, B. Haney. (2019). Monitoring Seasonal Variation of Soil Hydraulic Conductivity of Evapotranspiration (ET) Cover. In Geo-Congress 2019: Geo-Environmental Engineering and Sustainability, Reston, VA: American Society of Civil Engineers, 72-81. [Google Scholar]
- C. Benson & C. Bareither. (2012). Designing Water Balance Covers for Sustainable Waste Containment: Transitioning State of the Art to State of the Practice. Geotechnical Engineering State of the Art and Practice, 1-33. [Google Scholar]
- W. Albright, C. Benson, W. Waugh. (2010). Water balance covers for waste containment: Principles and practice, ASCE, Reston, VA. [Google Scholar]
- P. Apiwantragoon. (2007). Field Hydrologic Evaluation of Final Covers for Waste Containment, PhD Dissertation, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI. [Google Scholar]
- G. Allen, L. Pereira, D. Raes, M. Smith. (1998). Crop Evapotranspiration-Guidelines for computing crop water requirements. FAO Irrigation and Drainage Paper 56. FAO, Rome, Italy, 78-86. [Google Scholar]
- C. Benson, A. Sawangsuriya, B. Trzebiatowski, W. Albright. (2007). Postconstruction changes in the hydraulic properties of water balance cover soils. J. Geotech. Geoenviron. Eng., 133(4), 349–359. [Google Scholar]
- M. Alam, B. DeVries, N. Rahman, M. Hossain. (2019). Field Hydrologic Performance of Water Balance Cover in North Texas. In Geo-Congress 2019: Geoenvironmental Engineering and Sustainability Reston, VA: American Society of Civil Engineers, 95-104. [Google Scholar]
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (2017). Guidance for Requesting a Water Balance (WB) Alternative Final Cover for a Municipal Solid Waste Landfill. TCEQ publication RG-494. [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.