MATEC Web Conf.
Volume 103, 2017International Symposium on Civil and Environmental Engineering 2016 (ISCEE 2016)
|Number of page(s)||8|
|Section||Water and Wastewater Treatment Process|
|Published online||05 April 2017|
- S. Vara, Screening and evaluation of innate coagulants for water treatment: A sustainable approach, Int. J. of Energy and Environmental Engineering, 3, 1–11, (2012) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- S.Y. Choy, K.M. Nagendra-Prasad, T.Y. Wu, M.E. Raghunandan, R.N. Ramanan, Utilization of plant-based natural coagulants as future alternatives towards sustainable water clarification, J. of Environmental Science, 26, 2178–2189, (2014) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- B. Ramavandi, Treatment of water turbidity and bacteria by using a coagulant extracted from Plantago ovate, Water Resource Industry, 6, 36–50, (2014) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- J. Kongkiattikajorn, B. Sornvoraweat, Comparative Study of Bioethanol Production from Cassava Peels by Monoculture and Co-Culture of Yeast, Kasetsart Journal, 45, 268–274, (2011) [Google Scholar]
- A.N. Kosasih, J. Febrianto, J. Sunarso, Y.H. Ju, N. Indraswati, S. Ismadji, Sequestering of Cu(II) from aqueous solution using cassava peel (Manihot esculenta), Journal of Hazardous Materials, 180, 366–374, (2010) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- G. Crini, Non-conventional low-cost adsorbents for dye removal: A review, Bioresource Technology, 97, 1061–1085. (2006) [CrossRef] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- A.A. Hamidi, A. Mohd-Nordin, M.D.M. Abdul, R. Sujatha, M.I. Mohd-Koflly, A. Mohd-Harmizi, Study on the anionic natural coagulant for heavy metals and turbidity removal in water at ph 7.5 and alum concentration 25mg/l – laboratory scale, Indian Journal of Engineering and Material Sciences, 7, 195–199, (2000) [Google Scholar]
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO). Rome, Italy. (1998) [Google Scholar]
- A. Kurniawan, A.N. Kosasih, J. Febrianto, Y.H. Ju, J. Sunarso, N. Indraswati, S. Ismadji, Evaluation of cassava peel waste as lowcost biosorbent for Ni-sorption: Equilibrium, kinetics,thermodynamics and mechanism, Chemical Engineering Journal, 172, 158–166, (2011) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- N. Zayadi, N. Othman., R. Hamdan, A potential waste to be selected as media for metal and nutrient removal, IOP Conference Series: Material Science and Engineering, 136(1), 012051, (2016) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- I.R.M. Benesi, Characterization of Malawian cassava germplasm for diversity, starch extraction and its native and modified properties. University of The Free State, Bloemfontein, South Africa. PhD. Thesis. (2005) [Google Scholar]
- I.R.M. Benesi, Genotype x Environment interaction effects on native cassava starch quality and potential for starch use in the commercial sector, African Crop Science J., 12, 205–216, (2004) [Google Scholar]
- F.A. Aderemi, F.C. Nworgu, Nutritional status of cassava peels and root sieviate biodegraded with Aspergillus niger, American-Eurasian J. of Agriculture and Environmental Science, 2, 308–311, (2007) [Google Scholar]
- R.U. Maheswari, V. EuginAmala, Analyzing and Determining the Activity of Antimicrobial, Functional Group and Phytochemicals of Cymbopogon citratus using Well Diffusion, FT-IR and HPLC, Int. J. of Science and Research, 4, 138–141, (2015) [Google Scholar]
- N. Othman, S. Mohd-Asharuddin, Cucumis melo rind as biosorbent to remove Fe(II) and Mn(II) from synthetic groundwater solution, Advanced Materials Research, 795, 266–271, (2013) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- M. Iqbal, A. Saeed, S.I. Zafar, FTIR spectrophotometry, kinetics and adsorption isotherms modeling, ion exchange, and EDX analysis for understanding the mechanism of Cd2+ and Pb2+ removal by mango peel waste, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 164, 161–171, (2009) [CrossRef] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- S. Schiewer, S. Patil, Modeling the effect of pH on biosorption of heavy metals by citrus peels, J. of Hazardous Materials, 157, 8–17, (2008) [CrossRef] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- O.N. Abiola, Appraisal of cassava starch as coagulant aid in the alum coagulation of congo red from aqua system, Int. J. of Environmental Pollution and Solutions, 2, 47–58, (2014) [Google Scholar]
- N.A. Awang, H. Abdul-Aziz, Hibiscus rosa-sinensis leaf extract as coagulant aid in leachate treatment, Applied Water Science, 2, 293–298, (2012) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- K.N. Awokoya, O.J. Owoade, B.A. Moronkola, B.K. Oguntade, A.A. Ibikunle, O.C. Atewolara-Odule, S.A. Ogundare, Morphological characteristics of cassava peel and its effect on the adsorption of heavy metal ions from aqueous media, J. of Multidisciplinary Engineering Science and Technology, 3, 5342–5348, (2016) [Google Scholar]
- A.D.O. Jorgetto, A.C.P.da-Silva, B.C.R.C. Barbosa, M.A. Utrera, and G.R. de-Castro, Cassava root husks as a sorbent material for the uptake and pre-concentration of cadmium(II) from aqueous media, Orbital: The Electronic J. of Chemistry, 5, 206–212, (2013) [Google Scholar]
- I. Muhammad-Misau, A.W. Abdulkarim-Yusuf, Characterization of water melon seed used as water treatment coagulant, Journal of Advanced Studies in Agricultural, Biological and Environmental Sciences, 3, 22–29, (2016) [Google Scholar]
- S. Noor-Syuhadah, H. Rohasliney, Rice husk as biosorbent: A Review, Health and the Environmental J., 3, 1–7, (2012) [Google Scholar]
- N. Othman, S.Y Kueh, M-F-H Azizul Rahman, R Hamdan, R. Watermelon rind: a potential adsorbent for zinc removal, Applied mechanics and material, 680, 146–149, (2014) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- K.S. Rao, M. Mohapatra, S. Anand, P. Venkateswarlu, Review on cadmium removal from aqueous solutions, Int. J. of Engineering, Science and Technology, 2, 81–103, (2010) [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.