MATEC Web Conf.
Volume 103, 2017International Symposium on Civil and Environmental Engineering 2016 (ISCEE 2016)
|Number of page(s)||9|
|Section||Sustainable Environmental Sciences and Technology|
|Published online||05 April 2017|
- A.Ab Majid, H.Mohamed Shaharudin, S.Alias, E.Adnan, A. I.Ali Hassan, M Z.Ali, Malaysia mining industry by Minerals and geoscience department Malaysia,81,(2013) [Google Scholar]
- M.Benvenuti, I.Mascaro, P.Lattanzi, P.Parrini and G.Tanelli, Minewaste dumps and heavy metal pollution in abandoned mining District of Boccheggiano Southern Tuscany, Italy. Environmental Geology,30, 238–243,(1997) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- R.Asklundand B.Eldvall, Contamination of water resources in Tarkwa mining area of Ghana. Department of Engineering Geology, Lund University, Sweden, (2005). [Google Scholar]
- S.Wang andC.NMulligan, Occurrence of Arsenic contamination in Canada: Sources behavior and distribution. Science of the total Environment, 366, 701–721,(2005) [Google Scholar]
- M. C.Navorro, C.Perez-Sirvent, M.J.Martinez-Sainchez, J.Vidal, P.J.Tovar and J.Bech Abandoned mine sites as a source of contamination by heavy metals: A Case study in a Semi-Arid Zone. J. of Geochemical Exploration, 96, 183–193,(2007) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- P.Schwab, D.Zhu, and M.K.Banks, Heavy metal leaching from mine tailings as affected by organic amendments. 98, 2935–2941,(2007) [Google Scholar]
- Z.Madzin, M. F.Shai-in, F. M.Kusin, Comparing heavy metal mobility in active and abandoned mining sites at Bestari Jaya, Selangor, 30, 232–237,(2015) [Google Scholar]
- W.S.Wan Ngah and M.A.Hanafiah, Removal of heavy metal ions from wastewater by chemically modified plant wastes as adsorbents: a review, Bioresource Technology, 99(10), 3935–3948,(2007) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- A.Kumar, Mining contractors and engineers, 33, (2013). [Google Scholar]
- S. M.Diami, F. M.Kusin, Z.Madzin, Potential ecological and human health risk of heavy metals in surface soils associated with iron ore mining in Pahang, Malaysia. Env. Sci. Pollut. Res.,(2016) [Google Scholar]
- W.Dzick and R.Carlson, Monument Mining Limited: Mengapur Project, Pahang State, Malaysia. Project No.V1165, Amended Technical Report, Vancouver Canada, 75, (2012) [Google Scholar]
- W. ZWan Yaacob and N.S.Mohd Pauzi, Acid mine drainage and heavy metals contamination at abandoned and active mine sites in Pahang, Bulletin of the Geological Society of Malaysia, 55, 15–20, (2009) [Google Scholar]
- F. M.Kusin, M. S. MZahar, S.N.Muhammad, N. D.Mohamad, Z.M.Zin, S.M.Sharif, Hybrid off-river augmentation system as an alternative raw water resource: the hydrogeochemistry of abandoned mining ponds, Environ. Earth Sci.,75(3), 1–15, (2016) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- NMustapha,Indices for water quality in a river, Master’s thesis, Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, (1981) [Google Scholar]
- M.A.Haque, Y.F.Huang, T.S.Lee, Seberang Perai rice scheme irrigation water quality assessment. J. Institution of Engineers Malaysia,71, 42–49,(2010). [Google Scholar]
- Department of Environment Malaysia(DOE), Interim National Water Quality Standards for Malaysia. Kuala Lumpur, (2008) [Google Scholar]
- D.B.Johnson, K.B.Hallberg, Acid mine drainage remediation options: a review. Science of the total Environment, 338, 3–14,(2005) [CrossRef] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- L,B.Clarke, Coal Mining and Water Quality. London7 IEA Coal Research, 99, (1995) [Google Scholar]
- K.BKrauskopt, Separation of manganese from iron in sedimentary process, 12(61), 84, (1957) [Google Scholar]
- B.G.Lottermoser, Mine wastes, characterization, treatment and environmental impacts, Springer, Berlin, Germany,108, (2007) [Google Scholar]
- B.O.Rosseland, T.D.Eldhuset, M.Staurnes Environmental effects of aluminium, Environ. Geochem. Health, 12(1-2), 17–27, (1990) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Y.Z.Chen, H.Yang, Z.K.Zhang, M.Z.Qin, F.Jin, J.J.Lu, Application of equilibrium partitioningapproach to the derivation of sediment quality guidelines for metals in Dianchi Lake. Pedosphere, 17(3), 284–294,(2007) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- F.M.Kusin, A review of the importance of hydraulic residence time on improved design of mine water treatment systems, World Appl. Sci., 26(10), 1316–1322, (2013) [Google Scholar]
- F.M.Kusin, S.N.Muhammad, M.S.Md.Zahar, M.Zafira, Integrated river basin management: incorporating the use of abandoned mining pool and implication on water quality status. Desalin Water Treat. 57(60), (2016) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- L.Jarup, Hazards of heavy metal contamination. Bri Med Bull, 68, 167–182, (2003) [CrossRef] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.