MATEC Web of Conferences
Volume 47, 2016The 3rd International Conference on Civil and Environmental Engineering for Sustainability (IConCEES 2015)
|Number of page(s)||5|
|Section||Cementitious, Concrete and Sustainable Materials|
|Published online||01 April 2016|
- P.T. Laursen, N.A. Herskedal, D.C. Jansen and B. Qu, Interlocking compressed earth blocks walls: Out-of-plane structural response, 15th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Lisbon, Portugal, 71-81, (2012).
- S. Maini, Earthen Architecture in the World, Auroville Earth Institute, (2010). <retrieved from http://www.earth-auroville.com/> (accessed on November, 2015).
- K.B. Anand and K. Ramamurthy, Development and evaluation of hollow concrete interlocking block masonry system, The Masonry Society Journal, 23(1), 11-19, (2005).
- F.V. Riza, I.A. Rahman and A.M.A. Zaidi, A brief review of compressed stabilized earth brick (CSEB), International Conference on Science and Social Research, Kuala Lumpur, 999-1004, (2010).
- P. Jaquin, How mud bricks work using unsaturated soil mechanics principles to explain the material properties of earth buildings, EWB-UK National Research Conference, United Kingdom, 49-51, (2010).
- G. Wilson, S.L. Barbour and D.G. Fredlund, The prediction of evaporative fluxes from unsaturated soil surfaces, Alonso and Delage (eds), France, 423-429, (1995).
- P. Jaquin, Analysis of historic rammed earth construction, PhD Thesis, University of Durham, United Kingdom, (2008).
- J.E. Oti, J.M. Kinuthia and J. Bai, Engineering properties of unfired clay masonry bricks, Journal of Engineering Geology, 107(3-4), 130-139, (2009). [CrossRef]
- P.J. Walker, Strength and erosion characteristics of earth blocks and earth block masonry, Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, 16(5), 497-506, (2004). [CrossRef]
- A. Guettala, A. Abibsi and H. Houari, Durability study of stabilized earth concrete under both laboratory and climatic conditions exposure, Journal of Construction and Building Materials, 20(3), 119-127, (2006). [CrossRef]
- E.A. Adam and A.R.A. Agib, Compressed stabilised earth block manufacture in Sudan, Graphoprint for the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, France, Paris, (2001).
- D.E. Gooding and T.H. Thomas, The potential of cement-stabilised building blocks as an urban building material in developing countries, Overseas Development Administration, United Kingdom, (1995).
- L. Keefe, Earth Building: Methods and Materials, Repair and Conservation, Taylor and Francis, New York, 145-156, (2005).
- R. Siddique and N.K. Chahal, Effect of ureolytic bacteria on concrete properties, Journal of Construction and Building Materials, 25(10), 3791-3801, (2011). [CrossRef]
- H.S. Chafetz and C. Buczynski, Bacterially induced lithification of microbial mats, Journal of Palaios, 7, 277–293, (1992). [CrossRef]
- H. Knorre and K.E. Krumbein, Bacterial Calcification, Book of Microbial Sediments, Springer, Berlin, 25–31, (2000). [CrossRef]
- F. Hammes, N. Boon, J. de Villiers, W. Verstraete and S.D. Siciliano, Strain-specific ureolytic microbial calcium carbonate precipitation, Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 69, 4901–4909, (2003). [CrossRef]
- M.P. Harkes, L.A Van Paassen, J.L. Booster, V.S. Whiffin and M.C.M. Van Loosdrecht, Fixation and distribution of bacterial activity in sand to induce carbonate precipitation for ground reinforcement, Journal of Ecological Engineering, 36(2), 112–117, (2010). [CrossRef]
- W. De Muynck, N. De Belie and W. Verstraete, Microbial carbonate precipitation in construction materials: A review, Journal of Ecological Engineering, 36(2), 118–136, (2010). [CrossRef]
- S. Stocks-Fischer, J.K. Galinat and S.S. Bang, Microbiological precipitation of CaCO3, Journal of Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 31(11), 1563-1571, (1999). [CrossRef]
- N.K. Dhami, M.S. Reddy and A. Mukherjee, Improvement in strength properties of ash bricks by bacterial calcite, Journal of Ecological Engineering, 39, 31-35, (2012). [CrossRef]
- S. Amidi and J. Wang, Surface treatment of concrete bricks using calcium carbonate, Journal of Construction and Building Materials, 80, 273-278, (2015). [CrossRef]
- D. Bernadi, J.T. Dejong, B.M. Montoya and B.C. Mattinez, Bio-bricks: Biologically cemented sandstone bricks, Journal of Construction and Building Material, 55, 462-469, (2014). [CrossRef]
- A. Mukherjee, N.K. Dhami, B.V.V Reddy and M.S. Reddey, Bacterial calcification for enhancing performance of low embodied energy soil-cement bricks, Third International Conference on Sustainable Construction Materials and Technology, Kyoto, (2013).
- W. De Muynck, D. Debrouwer, N. De Belie and W. Verstraete, Bacterial carbonate precipitation improves the durability of cementitious materials, Journal of Cement and Concrete Research, 38(7), 1005-1014, (2008). [CrossRef]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.