MATEC Web Conf.
Volume 164, 2018The 3rd International Conference on Electrical Systems, Technology and Information (ICESTI 2017)
|Number of page(s)||5|
|Published online||23 April 2018|
Indonesian Stock Prediction using Support Vector Machine (SVM)
Electrical Engineering Department, Petra Christian University, Jl. Siwalan Kerto 121-131, Surabaya, Indonesia 60236
2 Informatics Department, Institut Informatika Indonesia, Jalan Pattimura No.3, Sonokwijenan, Surabaya, Indonesia 60189
* Corresponding author: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
This project is part of developing software to provide predictive information technology-based services artificial intelligence (Machine Intelligence) or Machine Learning that will be utilized in the money market community. The prediction method used in this early stages uses the combination of Gaussian Mixture Model and Support Vector Machine with Python programming. The system predicts the price of Astra International (stock code: ASII.JK) stock data. The data used was taken during 17 yr period of January 2000 until September 2017. Some data was used for training/modeling (80 % of data) and the remainder (20 %) was used for testing. An integrated model comprising Gaussian Mixture Model and Support Vector Machine system has been tested to predict stock market of ASII.JK for l d in advance. This model has been compared with the Market Cummulative Return. From the results, it is depicts that the Gaussian Mixture Model-Support Vector Machine based stock predicted model, offers significant improvement over the compared models resulting sharpe ratio of 3.22.
Key words: GMM / Indonesian stock prediction / Support vector machine
© The Authors, published by EDP Sciences, 2018
This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited. (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.