- Pidol L,Lecointe B,Starck L,Jeuland N. Ethanol–biodiesel–Diesel fuel blends: Performances and emissions in conventional Diesel and advanced Low Temperature Combustions. Fuel. 2012;93:329–38. [CrossRef]
- Shahir SA,Masjuki HH,Kalam MA,Imran A,Ashraful AM. Performance and emission assessment of diesel–biodiesel–ethanol/bioethanol blend as a fuel in diesel engines: A review. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 2015;48:62–78. [CrossRef]
- Bendu H,Murugan S. Homogeneous charge compression ignition (HCCI) combustion: Mixture preparation and control strategies in diesel engines. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 2014;38:732–46. [CrossRef]
- Mohanamurugan S,Sendilvelan S. Emission and combustion characteristics of different fuel In A HCCI engine. International Journal of Automotive and Mechanical Engineering. 2011;3:279–92. [CrossRef]
- Hairuddin A,Wandel A,Yusaf T. An introduction to a homogeneous charge compression ignition engine. Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Sciences. 2014;7:1042–52. [CrossRef]
- Saxena S,Shah N,Bedoya I,Phadke A. Understanding optimal engine operating strategies for gasoline-fueled HCCI engines using crank-angle resolved exergy analysis. Applied Energy. 2014;114:155–63. [CrossRef]
- Abdullah NR,Shahruddin NS,Mamat R,Ihsan Mamat A,Zulkifli A. Effects of air intake pressure on the engine performance, fuel economy and exhaust emissions of a small gasoline engine. Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Sciences. 2014;6:949–58. [CrossRef]
- Yashwanth MS,Venugopal T,Ramesh A. Experimental and simulation studies to determine the effective octane number in an engine fuelled with ethanol and gasoline. International Journal of Automotive & Mechanical Engineering. 2014;10.
- Stanglmaier RH,Roberts CE. Homogeneous charge compression ignition (HCCI): benefits, compromises, and future engine applications. SAE Technical Paper; 1999.
- Najafi G,Ghobadian B,Tavakoli T,Buttsworth D,Yusaf T,Faizollahnejad M. Performance and exhaust emissions of a gasoline engine with ethanol blended gasoline fuels using artificial neural network. Applied Energy. 2009;86:630–9. [CrossRef]
- Yap D, Megaritis A, Wyszynski M. An investigation into bioethanol homogeneous charge compression ignition (HCCI) engine operation with residual gas trapping. Energy & fuels. 2004;18:1315–23. [CrossRef]
- Tongroon M, Zhao H. Combustion characteristics of CAI combustion with alcohol fuels. 2010.
- Christensen M,Johansson B,Einewall P. Homogeneous charge compression ignition (HCCI) using isooctane, ethanol and natural gas-a comparison with spark ignition operation. SAE Technical Paper; 1997.
- Mack JH, Aceves SM, Dibble RW. Demonstrating direct use of wet ethanol in a homogeneous charge compression ignition (HCCI) engine. Energy. 2009;34:782–7. [CrossRef]
- Viggiano A, Magi V. A comprehensive investigation on the emissions of ethanol HCCI engines. Applied Energy. 2012;93:277–87. [CrossRef]
- Xie H, Wei Z, He B, Zhao H. Comparison of HCCI combustion respectively fueled with gasoline, ethanol and methanol through the trapped residual gas strategy. SAE Technical Paper; 2006.
- Li Y, Zhao H, Brouzos N. CAI combustion with methanol and ethanol in an air-assisted direct injection SI engine. 2008.
- Sjoberg M, Dec JE. Ethanol autoignition characteristics and HCCI performance for wide ranges of engine speed, load and boost. SAE Technical Paper; 2010.
- Splitter DA, Hanson RM, Reitz RD, Manente V, Johansson B. Modeling charge preparation and combustion in diesel fuel, ethanol, and dual-fuel PCCI engines. Atomization and Sprays. 2011;21.
- Hasan M, Rahman M, Kadirgama K. A review on homogeneous charge compression ignition engine performance using biodiesel-diesel blend as a fuel. International Journal of Automotive & Mechanical Engineering. 2015;11.
- De Nicolao G, Scattolini R, Siviero C. Modelling the volumetric efficiency of IC engines: parametric, non-parametric and neural techniques. Control Engineering Practice. 1996;4:1405–15. [CrossRef]
- Saber HA, Al-Barwari RRI, Talabany ZJ. Effect of ambient air temperature on specific fuel consumption of naturally aspirated diesel engine. Journal of science and engineering: volume 1. 2013;1:1–7.
- Rajput R. A text book of Automobile Engineering: Firewall Media; 2007.
- Stotsky AA. Automotive engines: control, estimation, statistical detection: Springer Science & Business Media; 2009.
- Hillier VAW, Coombes P. Hillier’s fundamentals of motor vehicle technology: Nelson Thornes; 2004.
- Hairuddin AA, Yusaf T, Wandel AP. A review of hydrogen and natural gas addition in diesel HCCI engines. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 2014;32:739–61. [CrossRef]
- Guzzella L, Onder C. Introduction to modeling and control of internal combustion engine systems: Springer Science & Business Media; 2009.
- Van Basshuysen R, Schäfer F. Internal combustion engine handbook-basics, components, systems and perspectives 2004.
- Ganesh D, Nagarajan G. Homogeneous charge compression ignition (HCCI) combustion of diesel fuel with external mixture formation. Energy. 2010;35:148–57. [CrossRef]
- Ebrahimi R, Ghanbarian D, Tadayon MR. Performance of an Otto engine with volumetric efficiency. J Am Sci. 2010;6:27–31.
- Menrad H, Nierhauve B. Engine and vehicle concepts for methanol-gasoline blends. SAE Technical Paper; 1983.
- Behçet R. Performance and emission study of waste anchovy fish biodiesel in a diesel engine. Fuel Processing Technology. 2011;92:1187–94. [CrossRef]
- Lakshmi Narayana Rao G, Durga Prasad B, Sampath S, Rajagopal K. Combustion analysis of diesel engine fueled with jatropha oil methyl ester-diesel blends. International Journal of Green Energy. 2007;4:645–58. [CrossRef]
- Puhan S, Vedaraman N, Sankaranarayanan G, Ram BVB. Performance and emission study of Mahua oil (Madhuca indica oil) ethyl ester in a 4-stroke natural aspirated direct injection diesel engine. Renewable Energy. 2005;30:1269–78. [CrossRef]
- Swaminathan C, Sarangan J. Performance and exhaust emission characteristics of a CI engine fueled with biodiesel (fish oil) with DEE as additive. biomass and bioenergy. 2012;39:168–74. [CrossRef]
- Heywood JB. Internal combustion engine fundamentals: Mcgraw-hill New York; 1988.
- Rahimi H, Ghobadian B, Yusaf T, Najafi G, Khatamifar M. Diesterol: An environment-friendly IC engine fuel. Renewable Energy. 2009;34:335–42. [CrossRef]
- Gumus M, Sayin C, Canakci M. The impact of fuel injection pressure on the exhaust emissions of a direct injection diesel engine fueled with biodiesel–diesel fuel blends. Fuel. 2012;95:486–94. [CrossRef]
- Gowthami K, Murali S, Reddy VN. Performance and analysis of super charging and blends of rice bran oil biodiesel as an additive in diesel-ethanol for diesel engines. 2014.
- Li L, Wang J, Wang Z, Xiao J. Combustion and emission characteristics of diesel engine fueled with diesel/biodiesel/pentanol fuel blends. Fuel. 2015;156:211–8. [CrossRef]
- Li D-g, Zhen H, Xingcai L, Wu-gao Z, Jian-Guang Y. Physico-chemical properties of ethanol–diesel blend fuel and its effect on performance and emissions of diesel engines. Renewable energy. 2005;30:967–76. [CrossRef]
- Lujaji F, Kristóf L, Bereczky A, Mbarawa M. Experimental investigation of fuel properties, engine performance, combustion and emissions of blends containing croton oil, butanol, and diesel on a CI engine. Fuel. 2011;90:505–10. [CrossRef]
- Cinar C, Uyumaz A, Solmaz H, Sahin F, Polat S, Yilmaz E. Effects of intake air temperature on combustion, performance and emission characteristics of a HCCI engine fueled with the blends of 20% n-heptane and 80% isooctane fuels. Fuel Processing Technology. 2015;130:275–81. [CrossRef]
- Yilmaz N, Vigil FM, Benalil K, Davis SM, Calva A. Effect of biodiesel–butanol fuel blends on emissions and performance characteristics of a diesel engine. Fuel. 2014;135:46–50. [CrossRef]
- Cinar C, Uyumaz A, Solmaz H, Topgul T. Effects of valve lift on the combustion and emissions of a HCCI gasoline engine. Energy Conversion and Management. 2015;94:159–68. [CrossRef]
MATEC Web Conf.
Volume 74, 2016The 3rd International Conference on Mechanical Engineering Research (ICMER 2015)
|Number of page(s)||9|
|Published online||29 August 2016|