MATEC Web Conf.
Volume 149, 20182nd International Congress on Materials & Structural Stability (CMSS-2017)
|Number of page(s)||6|
|Section||Session 2 : Structures & Stability|
|Published online||14 February 2018|
- ASTM International. D 7012-04 Standard test method for compressive strength and elastic modulus of intact rock core specimens under varying states of stress and temperatures, West Conshohocken, USA (2009). [Google Scholar]
- ASTM International D 5731-05 Standard test method for determination of the point load index of Rock, West Conshohocken. U.S.A (2009). [Google Scholar]
- Broch, E., Franklin, J.A.. The point load test. Int. J. Rock Mechanics, Mining and Science 9, 669-697(1972) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Bieniawski ZT. The point-load test in geotechnical practice. Engineering Geology; 9(1):1e11 (1975). [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Singh, D. P.: Determination of some engineering properties of weak rocks, Proc. Int. Symposium on Weak Rock, Tokyo, 21-24. 32) (1981) [Google Scholar]
- Forster, I. R. The influence of core sample geometry on the axial point-load test, Int. J. of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences and Geomechanical Abstract, 20 (6), 291-295(1983). [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Das, B. M.: Evaluation of the point load strength for soft rock classification, Proc., 4th Int. conf. on ground control in mining, Morgantown, WV, 220-226, (1985). [Google Scholar]
- Hawkins, A. B., Olver, J. A. G.,: Point load tests: correlation factor and contractual use. In: Hawkins, A.B. (Ed.), Site Investigation Practice: Assessing BS 5930, Geological Society, London, 269-271, (1986) [Google Scholar]
- Vallejo, L. E., Welsh, R. A., Robinson, M. K.: Correlation between unconfined compressive and point load strength for Appalachian rocks, Proc. 30th US Symposium on Rock Mechanics, Morgantown, 461-468, (1989) [Google Scholar]
- Ulusay, R., Tureli, K., and Ider, M. H. Prediction of Engineering Properties of a selected Litharenite Sandstone from its Petrographic Characteristics using Correlation and Multivariate Statistical Techniques, Engineering Geology, 38(2), 135-157. 36), (1994) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Smith, H. J. The point load test for weak rock in dredging applications, In. J. of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, 34, 295, 3-4, (1997). [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Rusnak, J. A., Mark, CUsing the point load test to determine the uniaxial compressive strength of coal measure rock, Proc. 19th Int. conf. on ground control in mining, 30, 362-371, (1999). [Google Scholar]
- Quane S.L., Russel, J.K. Rock strength as a metric of welding intensity in pyroclastic deposits Eur. J. Mineral., 15, 855-864. 8. T. N (2003). [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Tsiambaos G, Sabatakakis N. Considerations on strength of intact sedimentary rocks. J. Engineering Geology; 72(3e4): 261e73 (2004). [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Koukis G. t, Sabatakakis N. t, and Papanakli S.l Laboratory testing properties of sandstones Bulletin of the Geological Sociely of Greece, Vol. XXXX, Proc. 11th Int. Congress, Athens, (2007). [Google Scholar]
- Akram M. and Bakar M.Z.A. Correlation between uniaxial compressive strength and point load index for salt-range rocks. Pakistani Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences; 1: 1e8 (2007). [Google Scholar]
- Elkateb T. The point load test in the Persian Gulf carbonate rocks. Proc. 17th Int. Conf. on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, 1;.372e5. (2009). [Google Scholar]
- Singh T.N., Kainthola A and Venkatesh A. Correlation between point load index and uniaxial compressive strength for different rock types. Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering; 45(2) 259 e64. (2012). [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Salah H, Omar M, Shanableh A. Estimating unconfined compressive strength of sedimentary rocks in United Arab Emirates from point load strength index. Journal of Applied Mathematics and Physics; 2: 296 e303 (2014). [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Khairalla, M. K., Study of the Nubian Sandstone Formation of the Nile Valley between the 14 N and 17 42 N with reference to the ground water geology. M. Sc. thesis, U of K, 283pp, (1966) [Google Scholar]
- Yousif, H. O. "Geotechnical Properties of the Nubian Mudstone and Weak Sandstone" M. Sc. Thesis, Building and Road Research Institute, University of Khartoum, Sudan, (1985) [Google Scholar]
- International Society for Rock Mechanics (ISRM) (1985) Suggested Method for Determining Point Load Strength, ISRM Committee on Laboratory and Field Tests, Int. Jour. of Rock Mech, Min. Sci. & Geomech., 22 (2): 53-60. [Google Scholar]
- ASTM D6473-15 "Standard Test Method for Specific Gravity and Absorption of Rock For Erosion Control" [Google Scholar]
- Elsharief A. M., Zein A. K. M. Elarabi H. and Abulgasim R. "Design practice of bored piles in Nubian formation" Sudan Engineering Society Journal, March, Volume 60; No.1, (2014). [Google Scholar]
- Idris MA, Saiang D, Nordlund E. Numerical analyses of the effects of rock Mass property variability on open stope stability. In: The 45th US rock mechanics/geomechanics symposium, San Francisco, USA., AMRA, pp 1530e40 (2011). [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.