MATEC Web Conf.
Volume 101, 2017Sriwijaya International Conference on Engineering, Science and Technology (SICEST 2016)
|Number of page(s)||5|
|Published online||09 March 2017|
Track access charge for Indonesian railways using full cost method: improving industry competitiveness
1 Center for Sustainable Infrastructure Development, Faculty of Engineering, Universitas Indonesia, 16424 Depok, Indonesia
2 Civil Engineering Department, Faculty of Engineering, Universitas Pancasila, 12640 Jakarta, Indonesia
* Corresponding author: firstname.lastname@example.org
The government of Indonesia currently focuses on improving the public railway services to be more effective and efficient by formulating suitable railways infrastructure charges. This paper examines a possibility to determine the track access charge (TAC) for Indonesia railways infrastructure based on a benchmark to other countries. Compared to existing charge that used basic price and product factor, the alternative proposed concept also considers multiplicative surcharge and load component. In-depth interviews will be conducted with related stakeholders from government bodies, operator, and academics to gain more insights and further to validate the research outcomes. The result shows that the suitable TAC value for the railway’s operator ranging from 56% to 66% from total proposed payable TAC, while government subsidy will cover the rest of 34% to 44% of determined track access charge to liberalize railways industry in Indonesia.
© The Authors, published by EDP Sciences, 2017
This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.