- F. H. Busse, Non-linear interaction of magnetic field and convection, J. Fluid Mech., 71, (1975), 193–215. [CrossRef]
- S. Chandrasekhar, Hydrodynamic and Hydromagnetic Stability, Dover, Inc, New York, (1981).
- B. Q. Li, G-Jitter induced free convection in a transverse magnetic field, Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer, 39, (1996), 2853–2860. [CrossRef]
- B. Pan, B. Q. Li, Effect of magnetic fields on oscillating mixed convection, Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer, 41, (1998), 2705–2710. [CrossRef]
- H. Ozoe, M. Maruo, Magnetic and gravitational natural convection of melted silicon-two dimensional numerical computations for the rate of heat transfer, JSME, 30, (1987), 774–784.
- P. G. Siddheshwar, S. Pranesh, Effect of temperature /gravity modulation on the onset of magnetoconvection in electrically conducting fluids with internal angular momentum, J. Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 219, (2000), L153–L162. [CrossRef]
- P. G. Siddheshwar, B. S. Bhadauria, P. Mishra, A. K. Srivastava, Study of heat transport by stationary magneto-convection in a Newtonian liquid under temperature or gravity modulation using Ginzburg-Landau model, Int. J. Non-Linear Mech., Article in press, (2011).
- J. S. Turner, Buoyancy Effects in Fluids, Cambridge University Press, London, (1973). [CrossRef]
- J. S. Turner, Double diffusive phenomena, Annu. Rev. Fluid Mech., 6, (1974), 37–56. [CrossRef]
- J. S. Turner, Multicomponent convection, Annu. Rev. Fluid. Mech., 17, (1985), 11–44. [NASA ADS] [CrossRef]
- H. E. Huppert, J. S. Turner, Double diffusive convection, J. Fluid Mech., 106, (1981), 299–329. [NASA ADS] [CrossRef]
- K. Platten, J. C. Legros, Convection in Liquids, Springer, Berlin, (1984). [CrossRef]
- T. J. M. Dougall, Double diffusive convection caused by coupled molecular diffusion, J. Fluid Mech., 126, (1982), 379–397. [CrossRef]
- D. T. Hurle, E. Jakeman, Soret-driven thermosolutal convection, J. Fluid Mech., 47, (1971), 667–687. [CrossRef]
- J. K. Platten, G. Chavepeyer, Oscillatory motion in Benard cell due to the Soret effect, J. Fluid Mech., 60, (1973), 305–319. [CrossRef]
- E. Knobloch, Convection in binary fluids, Phys. Fluids, 23(9), (1920), 1918–1920. [CrossRef]
- G. W. T. Lee, P. Lugas, A. Tyler, Onset of Rayleigh-Benard convection in binary liquid mixtures of 3He in 4He, J. Fluid Mech., 135, (1983), 235–259. [CrossRef]
- A. La Porta, C. M. Surko, Convective instability in a fluid mixture heated from above, Phys. Rev. Lett., 80(17), (1998), 3759–3762. [CrossRef]
- M. Bourich, M. Hasnaoui, M. Mamou, A. Amahmid, Soret effect inducing subcritical and Hopf-bifurcation in a shallow enclosure filled with a clear binary fluid or a saturated porous medium: A comparative study, Phys. Fluids, 16(3), (2004), 551–568. [CrossRef]
- M. S. Malashetty, S. N. Gaikwad, M. Swamy, An analytical study of linear and non-linear double diffusive convection with Soret effect in couple stress liquids, Int. J. Thermal Sciences, 45, (2006), 897–907. [CrossRef]
- A. K. Srivastava, B. S. Bhadauria, V. Gupta, Magnetoconvection in an anisotropic porous layer with Soret effect, Int. J. Non-Linear Mech., Article in press, (2011).
- V. K. Stokes, Couple stresses in fluids, Phys. Fluids, 9, (1966), 1709–1716. [CrossRef]
- P.G. Siddheshwar, S. Pranesh, An analytical study of linear and nonlinear convection in Boussinesq-Stokes suspensions, Int. J. Non-Linear Mech., 39, (2004), 165–172. [CrossRef]
- R. C. Sharma, M. Sharma, Effect of suspended particles on couple-stress fluid heated from below in the presence of rotation and magnetic field, Indian J. Pure Appl. Math., 35(8), (2004), 973–989.
- M. S. Malashetty, D. Basavaraja, Effect of thermal /gravity modulation on the onset of Rayleigh-Benard convection in a couple stress fluid, I. J. Trans. Phenomena, 7, (2005), 31–44.
MATEC Web of Conferences
Volume 1, 2012CSNDD 2012 – International Conference on Structural Nonlinear Dynamics and Diagnosis
|Number of page(s)||6|
|Section||Hydrodynamic Instability and Heat Transfer|
|Published online||09 July 2012|