- E. Salleh, (1994), Tropical urban outdoor environment and human thermal comfort, The Architectural Association Graduate School, Ph.D. thesis
- K.S. Ahmed, (1996), Approaches to bioclimatic urban design for the tropics with special reference to Dhaka, Bangladesh, The Architectural Association Graduate School, Ph.D. thesis.
- J. Spagnolo, and R. de Dear, (2003), A field study of thermal comfort in outdoor and semi-outdoor environments in subtropical Sydney, Australia, Building and Environment, Vol. 38, pp. 721–738. [CrossRef]
- C. Chun, A. Kwok, and A. Tamura, (2004), Thermal comfort in transitional spaces – basic concepts: literature review and trial measurement, Building and Environment, Vol. 39, pp. 1187–1192. [CrossRef]
- E. Johansson, (2006), Influence of urban geometry on outdoor thermal comfort in a hot dry climate: A study in Fez, Morocco, Building and Environment, Vol. 41, pp. 1326–1338. [CrossRef]
- E. Johansson, and R. Emmanuel, (2006), The influence of urban design on outdoor thermal comfort in the hot, humid city of Colombo, Sri Lanka, Int. Journal of Biometeorology, Vol. 51, pp. 119–133. [CrossRef]
- M. Nikolopoulou, and S. Lykoudis, (2006), Thermal comfort in outdoor urban spaces: analysis across different European countries, Building and Environment, Vol. 41, pp. 1455–1470. [CrossRef]
- Website of the Meteorological Dept. of Malaysia, [online]. Available at:<http://www.kjc.gov.my> [March 2007].
- C.C. Marcus, C. Francis, and R. Russell, (1998), Urban plazas, In: C.C. Marcus, and C. Francis eds., People places: design guidelines for urban open space (2nd edition), New York, Van Nostrand Reinhold, pp. 13–84.
- R. Hyde, (2000), Climate responsive design: a study of buildings in moderate and hot humid climates, London, Spon Press.
- J.S. Reynolds, (2002), Courtyards: aesthetic, social, and thermal delight, Canada, John Wiley & Sons, Inc
- A.S. Muhaisen, (2005), Prediction of the solar performance of courtyard buildings with different forms and various climatic regions, using a new computer model. Ph.D. thesis, University of Nottingham.
- L. Doulos, M. Santamouris, and I. Livada, (2004), Passive cooling of outdoor urban spaces. The role of materials, Solar Energy, Vol. 77, pp. 231–249. [CrossRef]
- H. Taha, (1997), Urban climates and heat islands: albedo, evapotranspration, and anthropogenic heat, Energy and Buildings, Vol. 25, pp. 99–103. [CrossRef]
- A.H. Rosenfeld, H. Akbari, J.J. Romm, and M. Pomerantz, (1998), Cool communities: strategies for heat island mitigation and smog reduction, Energy and Buildings, Vol. 28, pp. 51–62. [CrossRef]
- ISO 7730: 1994(E), Moderate thermal environments – Determination of the PMV and PPD indices and specification of the conditions for thermal comfort.
- ASHRAE55, (1992), Thermal Environmental Conditions for Human Occupancy, American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers.
- P.O. Fanger, (1970), Thermal comfort: analysis and applications in environmental engineering, Copenhagen, Danish Technical Press.
- Square One, Human Comfort-comfort prediction, [online]. Available at: <http://www.squ1.com/site.html> [8 June 2005].
- Z.N. Ahmed, (1995), Temperature standards for the tropics?, In: J. F. Nicol, M. Humphreys, O. Sykes and S. Roaf, eds., (1995). Standards for thermal comfort: indoor air temperature standards for the 21st century (1st edition), London, Chapman & Hall, pp. 31–39.
MATEC Web Conf.
Volume 66, 2016The 4th International Building Control Conference 2016 (IBCC 2016)
|Number of page(s)||7|
|Published online||13 July 2016|