- K. Lazenby, (1988).Occupancies satisfaction in the white house sector in the municipality of Bloemfontein: A study of process patterns and strategy. Bloemfontein: University of the Orange Free State.
- A. Abu Bakar., (2007), User response to thermal comfort of outdoor urban spaces in hot-humid region, Ph.D. thesis, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom.
- G. A. Chapman (1999). Design Variables and the Success of Outdoor Neighbourhood Recreational Facilities. Unpublished Master Thesis, The University of Arizona, Arizona.
- A. M. Nurhayati, & M. Manohar (2010). Developing Quality Neighbourhood Parks: A Malaysian Experience. Proceedings of the Healthy Parks Healthy People: International Congress 2010. Organised by Parks Victoria; IUCN; Beyond Blue; Deakin University; Director of National Parks, Australian Government; and World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) held in Melbourne Convention Centre, Melbourne.
- A. A. Von Kursell (1997). Replanning Urban Parks. Unpublished Masters of Urban and Rural Planning Thesis, Technical University of Nova Scotia, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
- MalekNurhayati Abdul, MariapanManohar, & MohdShariffMustafa Kamal (2012), The Making of a Quality Neighbourhood Park: A Path Model Approach. Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences, SciVerse Science Direct,49, 202–214.
- W.F.E. Preiser, (1989), Towards a performance-based conceptual framework of systematic POES, in W.F.E. Preiser (ed), Building Evaluation, New York: Plenum Press.
- D.E. Paris, and R. Kangari, (2005), Multifamily Affordable Housing: residential satisfaction, Journal of Performance and Constructed Facilities, Vol. 19, pp. 138–145. [CrossRef]
- A.G. Salleh, (2008), Neighbourhood factors in private low-cost housing in Malaysia, Habitat International, Vol. 32, pp. 485–493. [CrossRef]
- V.I. Ogu, (2002), Urban residential satisfaction and the planning implications in a developing world context: the example of Benin City, Nigeria, International Planning Studies, Vol. 7, pp. 37–53. [CrossRef]
- T.H. Tan, (2012), Housing satisfaction in medium-and high-cost housing: the case of Greater Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Habitat International, Vol. 36, pp. 108–116. [CrossRef]
- M. Permentier, G. Bolt, and M. van Ham, (2011), Determinants of neighbourhood satisfaction and perception of neighbourhood reputation, Urban Studies, Vol. 48(5), pp. 977–996 [CrossRef]
- M. Lu, (1999), Do people move when they say they will? Inconsistencies in individual migration behaviour, Population and Environment, Vol. 20, pp. 467–488. [CrossRef]
- A. Parkes, A. Kearns, and R. Atkinson, (2002), What makes people dissatisfied with their neighbourhoods? Urban Studies, Vol. 39(13), pp. 2413–2439. [CrossRef]
- A. Campbell, P.E. Converse, and W. L. Rodgers, (1976), The quality of American life: perceptions, evaluation and satisfactions, New York: Russell Sage.
- F. Carp, R. Zawadski, and H. Shokron, (1976), Dimensions of urban environmental quality, Environment and Behavior, Vol. 8, pp. 239–265.
- G. Galster, (1987), Homeowners and neighbourhood reinvestment, Durham, NC: Duke University Press.
- J. Mohan, and L. Twigg, (2007), Sense of place, quality of life and local socioeconomic context: evidence from the survey of English housing, 2002/03, Urban Studies, Vol. 44, pp. 2029–2045. [CrossRef]
- C. St John, and N.A. Bates, (1990), Racial composition and neighbourhood evaluation, Social Science Research, Vol. 19, pp. 47–61. [CrossRef]
- V. Basolo, and D. Strong, (2002), Understanding the neighbourhood: from residents’ perceptions and needs to action, Housing Policy Debate, Vol. 13, pp. 83–105 [CrossRef]
- D.W. Chapman and J.R. Lombard, (2006), Determinants of neighbourhood satisfaction in fee-based gated and non-gated communities, Urban Affairs Review, Vol. 41, pp. 769–799. [CrossRef]
- K. Dekker and G. Bolt, (2005), Social cohesion in post-war estates in the Netherlands: differences between social-economic and ethnic groups, Urban Studies, Vol. 42, pp. 2447–2470. [CrossRef]
- D. Harris, (2001), Why are whites and blacks averse to black neighbours?, Social Science Research, Vol. 30, pp. 100–116 [CrossRef]
- H.R. Barcus, (2004), Urban-rural migration in the USA: an analysis of residential satisfaction, Regional Studies, Vol. 38 (6), pp. 643–657. [CrossRef]
- W.M. Rohe, and M.A. Stegman, (1994), The effects of home ownerships on the self-esteem, perceived control and life satisfaction of low-income people, Journal of the American Planning Association, Vol. 60(2), pp. 173–184. [CrossRef]
- W.M. Rohe, S. Van Zandt, and G. McCarthy, (2001), The social benefits and cost of homeownership: a critical assessment of research, low-income homeownership. Working paper series, Joint Centre for Housing Studies, Harvard University.
- S. Baum, k. Arthurson, and K. Rickson, (2010), Happy people in mixed-up places: the association between the degree and type of local socioeconomic mix and expressions of neighbourhood satisfaction, Urban Studies, Vol. 47, pp. 467–485 [CrossRef]
- J. Hipp, (2010), What is the ‘neighborhood’ in neighbourhood satisfaction? Comparing the effects of structural characteristics measured at the micro-neighborhood and trace levels, Urban Studies, Vol. 47, pp. 2517–2536 [CrossRef]
- O. O. Erdayu, E. Esmawee, and S. Masran, (2010). Adapting By Altering: Spatial Modifications of Terraced Houses in the Klang Valley Area, Asian Journal of Environment-Behaviour Studies, Vol.1, No.9, pp.1–10.
- City and County of Swansea (2014). Places to live: Residential, Design Guideline.
- N. Yahaya., B. Sabri, S.F.Z. Abdullah, S.S. Abdullah, Y.A. Momtaz, and T.A. Hamid, (2012) Impact on Housing Environment and Neighbourhood Safety Towards Perceived Quality of Life Among Older Persons, Indian Journal of Geontology, Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. 227–241
- Heather E. Wright Wendela, Rebecca K. Zarger, James R. Mihelcic (2012). Accessibility and Usability: Green Space Preferences, Perceptions, and Barriers in a Rapidly Urbanizing City in Latin America, Landscape and Urban Planning 107, pp. 272–282 [CrossRef]
- A. M. F. Hikmat, and Y. Al-Betawi,(2009). Quality of Life in Cities Setting up Criteria for Amman-Jordan, Social Indicator Research Series,93: 407–432. [CrossRef]
- W. Glatzer, L. CamfieldV. Møller and M Rojas (2015), Exploration of well-being of nations and continents, Global Handbook of Quality of Life, Springer, Social Science, pp. 704–705
- www.surveysystem.com/sscale.htm, [10 February 2016]
MATEC Web Conf.
Volume 66, 2016The 4th International Building Control Conference 2016 (IBCC 2016)
|Number of page(s)||10|
|Published online||13 July 2016|