- Walker, C., G. Tana, and L. Glicksman, Reduced-scale building model and numerical investigations to buoyancy-driven natural ventilation. Energy and Buildings, 2011 (43): p. 2404–2413. [CrossRef]
- Awbi, H.B., Ventilation of buildings. 2003: Taylor & Francis.
- Moosavi, L., et al., Thermal performance of atria: An overview of natural ventilation effective designs. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 2014. 34: p. 654–670. [CrossRef]
- Laouadi, A., M. Atif, and A. Galasiu, Towards developing skylight design tools for thermal and energy performance of atriums in cold climates. Building and environment, 2002. 37(12): p. 1289–1316. [CrossRef]
- Chen, Q., Ventilation performance prediction for buildings: A method overview and recent applications. Building and environment, 2009. 44(4): p. 848–858. [CrossRef]
- Assadi, M.K., F.Dalir, and A.A. Hamidi, Analytical model of atrium for heating and ventilating an institutional building naturally. Energy and Buildings, 2011. 43(10): p. 2595–2601. [CrossRef]
- Lin, Y. and P. Linden, Buoyancy-driven ventilation between two chambers. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 2002. 463(1): p. 293–312. [CrossRef]
- Ji, Y. and M. Cook. Atrium-assisted natural ventilation of multi-storey buildings. in Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Indoor Air Quality and Climate. 2005. Beijing, China.
- Baker, N., The atrium environment. Building Techical File, 1988. No.21: p. 39–48.
- Kainlauri, E., G. Lehman, and M. Vilmain. Comparative studies of five atriums on the effects of orientation, exposure and design on daylighting, temperature, and stratification of air. in Proceedings of the Biennial Congress of the International Solar Energy Society. 1991.
- Jones, J., M. Luther, and M. Nawab. A Comparative Analysis for Two Geometrically Different Atria. in Solar World Congress, Proceedings of the Biennial Congress of the International Solar Energy Society, Denver, Colorado, USA. 1991.
- Abdullah, A. and F. Wang. Effect of Water Spray and Blinds on Indoor Thermal Environment in an Atrium in Tropical Climate. in Proceedings of the Asean Postgraduate Seminar in Built Environment, Faculty of Built Environment. 2005.
- Moosavi, L., N. Mahyuddin, and N. Ab Ghafar, Atrium Cooling Performance in a Low Energy Office Building in the Tropics, A Field Study. Building and Environment, 2015.
- Abdullah, A.H., et al., Field study on indoor thermal environment in an atrium in tropical climates. Building and environment, 2009. 44(2): p. 431–436. [CrossRef]
- Tanaka, H., et al., Thermal characteristics of a double-glazed external wall system with roll screen in cooling season. Building and environment, 2009. 44(7): p. 1509–1516. [CrossRef]
- Rundle, C.A., et al., Validation of computational fluid dynamics simulations for atria geometries,. Buildings and Environment, 2011. 46: p. 1343–1353. [CrossRef]
- Karavaa, P., et al., Experimental study of the thermal performance of a large institutional building with mixed-mode cooling and hybrid ventilation. Building and Environment, 2012. 57: p. 313–326. [CrossRef]
- Abdullah, A.H. and F. Wang, Modelling thermal stratification in atrium using TAS program and verification of prediction results. International Journal of Integrated Engineering, 2011. 1(2): p. 79–93.
- Pfafferott, J., S. Herkel, and M. Wambsganß, Design, monitoring and evaluation of a low energy office building with passive cooling by night ventilation. Energy and Buildings, 2004. 36(5): p. 455–465. [CrossRef]
- Gan, G., Interaction between wind and buoyancy effects in natural ventilation of buildings. Open Construction and Building Technology Journal, 2010. 4: p. 134–145. [CrossRef]
- Iyer-Raniga, U., Daylighting in atrium spaces. Architectural Science Review, 1994. 37(4): p. 195–208. [CrossRef]
- Li, Y., Buoyancy-driven natural ventilation in a thermally stratified one-zone building. Building and environment, 2000. 35(3): p. 207–214. [CrossRef]
- Holford, J.M. and G.R. Hunt, Fundamental atrium design for natural ventilation. Building and environment, 2003. 38(3): p. 409–426. [CrossRef]
- Abdullah, A.H., A Study on Thermal Environmental Performance in Atria in the Tropics with Special Reference to Malaysia, in Built Envirinment. 2007, Heriot-Watt University: Heriot-Watt University.
- Carey, P. and D. Etheridge, Direct wind tunnel modelling of natural ventilation for design purposes. Building Services Engineering Research and Technology, 1999. 20(3): p. 131–142. [CrossRef]
- Wang, X., C. Huang, and W. Cao, Mathematical modeling and experimental study on vertical temperature distribution of hybrid ventilation in an atrium building. Energy and Buildings, 2009. 41(9): p. 907–914. [CrossRef]
- Fuziah, S., Z.A. Azni, and A.R. Shuzlina, Daylight modelling and thermal performance of atrium of new MECM building at Putrajaya. IEM Journal 2004. 65(3&4): p. 1–42.
- Woods, A.W., S. Fitzgerald, and S. Livermore, A comparison of winter pre-heating requirements for natural displacement and natural mixing ventilation. Energy and Buildings, 2009. 41(12): p. 1306–1312. [CrossRef]
- Bensalem, R., Wind driven natural ventilation in courtyard and atrium-type buildings. 1991, University of Sheffield.
- Ding, W., Y. Hasemi, and T. Yamada, Natural ventilation performance of a double-skin façade with a solar chimney. Energy and Buildings, 2005. 37(4): p. 411–418. [CrossRef]
- Liu, P.-C., H.-T. Lin, and J.-H. Chou, Evaluation of buoyancy-driven ventilation in atrium buildings using computational fluid dynamics and reduced-scale air model. Building and environment, 2009. 44(9): p. 1970–1979. [CrossRef]
- Tan, G. and L.R. Glicksman, Application of integrating multi-zone model with CFD simulation to natural ventilation prediction. Energy and Buildings, 2005. 37(10): p. 1049–1057. [CrossRef]
- Liddament, M.W. and A. Infiltration, A review of ventilation efficiency. 1993: Air Infiltration and Ventilation Centre.
- Oosthuizen, P. and M. Lightstone. Numerical analysis of the flow and temperature distributions in an atrium. in Proceedings of 2009 international conference on computational methods for energy engineering and environment: ICCM3E, 20e22 November. 2009.
- Hangen, H., et al., Case study: numerical simulations for comfort assessment and optimization of the ventilation design for complex atriums,. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, 2001(89): p. 1031–1045.
- Schild, PG, Tjelflaat PO, and Aiulfi D, Guidelines for CFD modelling of atria;101:1311e32. 1995: ASHRAE Transactions.
- M. J. Cook, Y. Ji, and G.R. Hun, CFD modeling of natural ventilation: combined wind and buoyancy forces. International Journal of Ventilation. 2003. 1: p. 169–180.
- Kondo, Y. and H. Niwa. Numerical study of an atrium by means of a macroscopic model and k-ε turbulence model. in Proceedings of the Room Air Convection and Ventilation Effectiveness. 1992. Tokyo.
- Hussain, S. and P.H. Oosthuizen. A Numerical Study of the Effect of Thermal Mass on the Transient Thermal Performance of a Simple Three Storied Atrium Building. in ASME 2012 Heat Transfer Summer Conference collocated with the ASME 2012 Fluids Engineering Division Summer Meeting and the ASME 2012 10th International Conference on Nanochannels, Microchannels, and Minichannels. 2012. American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- Ji, Y. and M. Cook, Numerical studies of displacement natural ventilation in multi-storey buildings connected to an atrium. Building Services Engineering Research and Technology, 2007. 28(3): p. 207–222. [CrossRef]
- Acred, A. and G.R. Hunt, Stack ventilation in multi-storey atrium buildings: A dimensionless design approach. Building and Environment, 2014. 72: p. 44–52. [CrossRef]
- Aldawoud, A., The Influence of the Atrium Geometry on the Building Energy Performance. Energy and Buildings, 2012. 57 p. 1–5. [CrossRef]
- Wang, F. and Abd Halid Abdullah, Investigating thermal conditions in a tropic atrium employing CFD and DTM techniques. International Journal of Low-Carbon Technologies 2011. 6: p. 171–186. [CrossRef]
- Hussain, S. and P.H. Oosthuizen, Numerical investigations of buoyancy-driven natural ventilation in a simple atrium building and its effect on the thermal comfort conditions. Applied Thermal Engineering, 2012. 40: p. 358–372. [CrossRef]
- Moosavi, L., N. Mahyuddin, and N. Ab Ghafar, A comparison between atrium and courtyard cooling efficiency in hot tropical climate, implementing different passive cooling strategies. Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy, 2015. 7(4): p. 043108. [CrossRef]
- Mouriki, E., Solar-assisted hybrid ventilation in an institutional building. 2009, Concordia University (Canada): Canada. p. 174.
- Lynch, P. and G. Hunt, The night purging of a two-storey atrium building. Building and environment, 2011. 46(1): p. 144–155. [CrossRef]
- Gan, G., Simulation of buoyancy-driven natural ventilation of buildings--Impact of computational domain. Energy and Buildings, 2010. 42(8): p. 1290–1300. [CrossRef]
- Mouriki, E., et al. Full-scale study of an atrium integrated with a hybrid ventilation system. in Proceedings of the 3 rd Canadian Solar Buildings Conference, Fredericton, Canada. 2008.
- Horan, J.M. and D.P. Finn, Sensitivity of air change rates in a naturally ventilated atrium space subject to variations in external wind speed and direction. Energy and Buildings, 2008. 40(8): p. 1577–1585. [CrossRef]
- Li, N.-p., et al., Effect of atrium configuration characteristic on buoyancy-driven ventilation of high-rise residential buildings. Journal of Guangzhou University (Natural Science Edition), 2010. 3: p. 015.
- Hussain, S. and P.H. Oosthuizen, Validation of numerical modeling of conditions in an atrium space with a hybrid ventilation system. Building and Environment, 2012(52): p. 152–161.
- Alexander, D., H. Jenkins, and P. Jones. A comparison of wind tunnel and CFD methods applied to natural ventilation design. in Proceedings of Building Simulation. 1997.
- Gan, G., Simulation of buoyancy-driven natural ventilation of buildings—Impact of computational domain. Energy and Buildings, 2010. 42(8): p. 1290–1300. [CrossRef]
- Gao, J., et al., Calculation of natural ventilation in large enclosures. Indoor and Built Environment, 2007. 16(4): p. 292–301. [CrossRef]
- Özgür Göçer1 Aslıhan Tavil2, E.Ö. SIMULATION MODEL FOR ENERGY PERFORMANCE AND USER COMFORT EVALUATION OF ATRIUM BUILDINGS, in Second National IBPSA-USA Conference 2006: Cambridge, MA p. 17–24.
- Kim, K.-S., Development of daylighting prediction algorithms for atrium design. 1987, Texas A and M Univ., College Station (USA).
- Navvab, M., Outdoors Indoors Lighting Design and Application, 1990. p6: p. 24–31.
- Tan, G., Study of natural ventilation design by integrating the multi-zone model with CFD simulation. 2005, Massachusetts Institute of Technology: United States -- Massachusetts.
- Wang, L. and Q. Chen, Theoretical and numerical studies of coupling multizone and CFD models for building air distribution simulations. Indoor Air, 2007. 17(5): p. 348–361. [CrossRef]
MATEC Web Conf.
Volume 66, 2016The 4th International Building Control Conference 2016 (IBCC 2016)
|Number of page(s)||8|
|Published online||13 July 2016|