- S. Z. Abidin, D. Christoforidou, and A. Liem. Thinking And Re-Thinking Verbal Protocol Analysis In Design Research. Stanford: International Conference On Engineering Design, pp.1–12(Aug. 2009).
- R. Anwar, S. Z. Abidin, and O. H. Hassan. A Framework of Empirical Study Through Design Practice for Industrial Ceramic Sanitary Ware Design. In ICADER 2014 by O. H. Hassan, S. Z. Abidin, R. Legino, R. Anwar and M. F. Kamaruzaman (eds). Singapore: Springer (2015).
- R. C. Valkenburg, Shared understanding as a condition for team design”. Automation in Construction, vol. 7 (2), pp.111–121 (1998). [CrossRef]
- B. Sener, and P. Wormald. User evaluation of HCI concepts for defining product form. Design Studies, vol. 29 (1), pp. 12–29(2007).
- G. Pahl, and W Beitz. Engineering design. London: The Design Council and Springer Verlag(1984).
- S. Pugh, D. Clausing, and R. Andrade. Creating innovative products using total design. New York: Addison-Wesley Publishing (1996).
- R. Anwar, S. Z. Abidin, and O. H. Hassan. Function Means Analysis For Ablution Concept Solution. The Turkish Online Journal of Educational Technology, pp. 224–231(2015).
- N. Cross. Engineering Design Methods: Strategies for Product Design. Chichester: John Wiley & Sons, Ltd (2000).
- L. B. Archer. Systematic Method for Designers. In Developments in Design Methodology, by Nigel Cross (eds). Chichester: John Wiley & Sons(1984).
- S. Pugh. Total design: integrated methods for successful product engineering. Boston: Addison-Wesley(1991).
- L. B. Archer. A View of the Nature of the Design Research. In Design: Science: Method, by R. Jacques and J. A. Powell, Guilford, Surrey: IPC Business Press Ltd., pp. 30–47 (1981).
- C. Frayling. Research in art and design. vol. 1 (1), London: Royal College of Art Research Papers(1993).
- C. L. Owen. Design research, building the knowledge base. Design Processes Newsletter 5 no. 6, pp. 1–6(1994).
- N. Bayazit. Investigating Design: Review of Forty Years of Design Research. Design Issues 20 (1), pp. 16–29(2004). [CrossRef]
- S. Z. Abidin, J. Sigurjonsson, A. Liem, and M. Keitsch. On the Role of Formgiving in Design. International Conference On Engineering & Product Design Education. Barcelona, pp. 365–370 (Sept. 2008).
- N. Cila, P. Hekkert, and V. Visch. Source Selection in Product Metaphor Generation: The Effects of Salience and Relatedness. International Journal of Design, vol. 1 (2), pp. 15–28(2014).
- R. L. Marsh, T. B. Ward, and J. D. Land. The inadvertent use of prior knowledge in a generative cognitive task. Memory & Cognition. vol 27 (1), pp. 94–105(1999). [CrossRef]
- S. Z. Abidin, H. V. Bjelland, and T. A. Øritsland. The embodied mind in relation to thinking about form development. Proceedings of NordDesign 2008 Conference. Tallin: pp. 265–274, Aug. 2008.
- G. Lakoff and M. Johnson. Philosophy in the Flesh The Embodied Mind and Its Challenge to Western Thought. New York: Basic Book, 1999.
- K. Dorst. The Core of ‘Design Thinking’ and Its Application. Design Studies. vol. 32 (6), pp. 521–532(2011). [CrossRef]
- H. P. Casakin. Factors of metaphors in design problem-solving: Implications for design creativity. International Journal of Design. vol. 1 (2), pp. 21–33(2007). [CrossRef]
- G. Pahl, W. Beitz, J. Feldhusen, and K. Grote. Engineering Design: A Systematic Approach. 3rd. Edited by K.Wallace and L. T. M. Blessing. London: Springer-Verlag(2007).
- R. Anwar, S. Z. Abidin, and O. H. Hassan. Pattern in Formgiving Design: Giving Priority to a Principle Solution in Industrial Design Situation. In Industrial Engineering, Management Science and Applications 2015, by M. Gen, K. J. Kim, X. Huang and Y. Hiroshi, Berlin Heidelberg: Springer, pp. 331–340(2015). [CrossRef]
- N. Cross. Designerly Ways of Knowing. London: Springer-Verlag(2006).
- V. Hubka, M. M. Andreasen, and W. E. Eder. Practical Studies in Systematic Design. Edited by Peter Hills. London: Butterworths(1988).
- E. Tjalve. Systematic Design of Industrial Product. Lyngby: Institute for Product Development(2003).
- S. Z. Abidin. Practice-based design thinking for form development and detailing. PhD Thesis Trondheim: Norwegian University of Science and Technology, 2012.
- L. T. M. Blessing. A process-based approach to computer-supported engineering design. PhD thesis. Twente: University of Twente, 1994.
- R. Anwar, S. Z. Abidin, and O. H. Hassan. Understanding Methodological Solution In Design Situation Of Novice Designer. 18th International Conference on Interactive Collaborative Learning, Florence, IEEE. pp. 593–597 (Sept. 2015).
- R. Anwar, S. Z. Abidin, and O. H. Hassan. The Turkish Online Journal of Educational Technology, pp. 13–21(2015).
- N. H. Johari, R. Anwar, and O. H. Hassan. “Design framework of ceramic ablution Tub”. IEEE Symposium on Business, Engineering and Industrial Applications, Bandung, IEEE, pp. 608–610(2012).
- S. Z. Abidin, A. Warell, and A. Liem. Understanding Styling Activity Of Automotive Designers: A Study Of Manual Interpolative Morphing Through Freehand Sketching. Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Engineering Design (ICED11). Copenhagen: Design Society, pp. 357–366(Aug. 2011).
- W. Muller. Order and Meaning in Design. Utrecth: Lemma Publisher(2001).
- A. Warell. Design Syntactics: A Functional Approach to Visual Product Form. Goteborg: Chalmers University of Technology(2001).
- R. Mono. Design for Product Understanding: The Aesthetics of Design from a Semiotic Approach. Stockholm: Liber AB(1997).
- A. Liem. Managing The Industrial Design Process: A Guide for Studio Practice. Singapore: Prentice Hall(2004).
- K.T. Ulrich and S.D. Eppinger. Product Design and Development, 5th, New Delhi: TATA McGraw-Hill Edition(2005).
MATEC Web of Conferences
Volume 52, 20162016 International Conference on Design Engineering and Science (ICDES 2016)
|Number of page(s)||9|
|Section||Chapter 3: Innovation|
|Published online||11 April 2016|