- N.S. Romali, N. Mokhtar, W.F.W. Ishak and M.A.A. Samah, Solid waste management: Development of AHP model for application of landfill sites selection in Kuantan, Pahang, Malaysia, Proc. of the Int. Symposium on the Analytic Hierarchy Process, Kuala Lumpur, (2013).
- N. Yahaya and I. Larsen, Federalising solid waste management in peninsular Malaysia, Proc. Of Int. Solid Waste Association (ISWA) World Congress, Singapore, (2008).
- P. Agamuthu and S. Fauziah, Challenges and issues in moving towards sustainable landfilling in a transitory country-Malaysia, Waste Management and Research, 29,13-19, (2011). [CrossRef]
- F.M. Ghazali, S. Syafalni and S.M. Noor, Public perception on the current solid waste management system in Malaysia: A comparative study of Matang Landfill and Bukit Tagar Sanitary Landfill (BTSL), World Applied Sciences J., 32, 872-883, (2014).
- A. Johari, S.I. Ahmed, H. Hashim, H. Alkali and M. Ramli, Economic and environmental benefits of landfill gas from municipal solid waste in Malaysia, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 16, 2907-2912, (2012). [CrossRef]
- M.O. Saeed, M.N. Hassan and M.A. Mujeebu, Assessment of municipal solid waste generation and recyclable materials potential in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Waste Management, 29, 2209-2213, (2009). [CrossRef]
- O. Ortiz, J. C. Pasqualino and F. Castells, Environmental performance of construction waste: Comparing three scenarios from a case study in Catalonia, Spain, Waste management, 30, 646-654, (2010). [CrossRef]
- Z.Z. Noor, R.O. Yusuf, A.H. Abba, M.A. Abu Hassan and M.F. Mohd Din, An overview for energy recovery from municipal solid wastes in Malaysia scenario, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 20, 378-384, (2013). [CrossRef]
- N.P. Cheremisinoff, Handbook of Solid Waste Management and Waste Minimization Technologies, Butterworth-Heinemann, Elsevier Science, (2003).
- B. Şener, M.L. Süzen and V. Doyuran, Landfill site selection by using geographic information systems, Environmental Geology, 49, 376-388, (2006). [CrossRef]
- Solid Waste and Public Cleansing Management Act 2007, Putrajaya, (2007).
- V.R. Sumathi, U. Natesan and C. Sarkar, GIS-based approach for optimized siting of municipal solid waste landfill, Waste Management, 28, 2146-2160, (2008). [CrossRef]
- E. Papargyropoulou, D.C. Preece, D.R. Padfield and A.A.B. Abdullah, Sustainable construction waste management in Malaysia: A contractor’s perspective, Proc. of the Int. Conf. on Management and Innovation for a Sustainable Built Environment, Amsterdam, (2011).
- S.K. Jung, An integrative approach for municipal solid waste (MSW) landfill selection: A case study of O’ahu, Hawai’i, PhD Thesis, University of Hawai’i at Manoa, Ann Arbor, (2011).
- S. El Haggar, Sustainable Industrial Design and Waste Management: Cradle-to-Cradle for Sustainable Development, Academic Press, Elsevier, (2010).
- S.N.S. Ismail and L.A. Manaf, The challenge of future landfill: A case study of Malaysia, J. of Toxicology and Environmental Health Sciences, 5, 86-96, (2013). [CrossRef]
- Department of Environment, Environmental Impact Assesement-Guidelines for Development of Solid Waste Sanitary Landfill, Department of Environment, Malaysia, (2012).
- Z. Sakawi, Municipal solid waste management in Malaysia: Solution for sustainable waste management, J. of Applied Sciences in Environmental Sanitation, 6, 29-38, (2011).
- E. Suresh and N. Usha, GIS modelling of land suitability for solid waste disposal, Int. J. of Geoinformatics, 4(3), (2008).
- U.N. Ngoc and H. Schnitzer, Sustainable solutions for solid waste management in Southeast Asian countries, Waste Management, 29, 1982-1995, (2009). [CrossRef]
- S. Fauziah and P. Agamuthu, Trends in sustainable landfilling in Malaysia, a developing country, Waste Management and Research, 30(7), 656-663, (2012). [CrossRef]
MATEC Web of Conferences
Volume 47, 2016The 3rd International Conference on Civil and Environmental Engineering for Sustainability (IConCEES 2015)
|Number of page(s)||7|
|Section||Water, Micropollution and Environmental Engineering|
|Published online||01 April 2016|