- A.B. Fourie and G. Papageorgiou, Defining an appropriate steady state line for Merriespruit gold tailings, Canadian Geotechnical Journal, 38(4), 695-706, (2001). [CrossRef]
- A.B. Fourie, G.E Blight and G. Papageorgiou, Static liquefaction as a possible explanation for the Merriespruit tailings dam failure, Canadian Geotechnical Journal, 38(4), 707-719, (2001). [CrossRef]
- Wise, World Information Service on Energy-Uranium Project, (2012). <available at: http://www.wise-uranium.org/index.html>
- B. Demers and G. Haile, Management of tailings stabilized by lime and cement at Canadian electrolytic zinc, Valleyfield, Quebec, Proc. of Sudbury 2003 Mining and the Environment, Sudbury, Ontario, (2003).
- D.H. Zou and W. Sahito, Suitability of mine tailings for shotcrete as a ground support, Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, 31(4), 632–636, (2004). [CrossRef]
- O. Celik, I.Y. Elbeyli and S. Piskin, Utilization of gold tailings as an additive in Portland cement, Waste Management and Research, 24(3), 215-224, (2006). [CrossRef]
- R.K. Swami, N.K.S. Pundhir and S. Mathur, Kimberlite tailings a road construction material, Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 2(1989), 131– 134, (2007). [CrossRef]
- S. Roy, G.R. Adhikari and R.N. Gupta, Use of gold mill tailings in making bricks, a feasibility study, Waste Management and Research, 25(5), 475–482, (2007), [CrossRef]
- M. Fall, M. Benzaazoua and S. Ouellet, Experimental characterization of the influence of tailings fineness and density on the quality of cemented paste backfill, Minerals Engineering, 18(1), 41–44, (2005). [CrossRef]
- M. Fall, M. Benzaazoua and E.G. Saa, Mix proportioning of underground cemented tailings backfill, Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, 23(1), 80–90, (2008). [CrossRef]
- M. Benzaazoua, B. Bussiere, I. Demers, M. Aubertin, E. Fried and A. Blier, Integrated mine tailings management by combining environmental desulphurization and cemented paste backfill, Application to mine Doyon, Quebec, Canada, Minerals Engineering, 21(4), 330–340, (2008).
- B. Ercikdi, A. Kesimal, F. Cihangir, H. Deveci and I. Alp, Cemented paste backfill of sulphiderich tailings, importance of binder type and dosage, Cement and Concrete Composites, 31(4), 268–274, (2009). [CrossRef]
- M. Fall and M. Pokharel, Coupled effects of sulphate and temperature on the strength development of cemented tailings backfills, Portland cement-paste backfill, Cement and Concrete Composites, 32(10), 819–828, (2010). [CrossRef]
- B. Ercikdi, F. Cihangir, A. Kesimal, H. Deveci and I. Alp, Effect of natural pozzolans as mineral admixture on the performance of cemented-paste backfill of sulphide-rich tailings, Waste Management and Research, 28(5), 430–435, (2010). [CrossRef]
- M. Helinski, M. Fahey and A. Fourie, Coupled two-dimensional finite element modeling of mine backfilling with cemented tailings, Canadian Geotechnical Journal, 47(11), 1187-1200, (2010). [CrossRef]
- NovaFrit International, 1200 Garnier Street, Ville Ste-Catherine, Quebec, J0L 1E0, (2010).
- A.A. Mahmood, Experimental and computational assessment of tailings binder matrices for construction purposes in cold regions, PhD Thesis, Concordia University, Montreal, (2012).
- Foth and Van Dyke Associates, All season road construction cost analysis-Clark County, Wisconsin, Technical Report, Wisconsin, (2003).
- Hudson Bay Mining and Smelting Co. Limited, FFTIS Dust Control Guidelines, Document No. LAI-612, Flin Flon, Manitoba, (2007).
- M. Rico, G. Benito, A.R. Salgueiro, A. Díez-Herrero and H.G. Pereira, Reported tailings dam failures, a review of the European incidents in the worldwide context, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 152(2), 846-852, (2008). [CrossRef]
- R.C. Shutt, Economics for the construction industry, Addison Wesley Long Man Limited, Harlow, Essex, (1997).
- A.A. Amjad, Cost benefit analysis for construction projects, IEP-SAC Journal, 85-90, (2005).
MATEC Web of Conferences
Volume 47, 2016The 3rd International Conference on Civil and Environmental Engineering for Sustainability (IConCEES 2015)
|Number of page(s)||5|
|Section||Building Environment, Architecture and Construction|
|Published online||01 April 2016|