- W.M. Adams, The future of sustainability: re-thinking environment and development in the twenty-first century, report of the IUCN renowned thinkers meeting, (2006). <Retrieved from http://cmsdata.iucn.org/downloads/iucn_future_of_sustanability.pdf>
- C.J Kibert and M.E. Rinker, The next generation of sustainable construction, Building Research and Information, 35(6), 595-601, (2007). [CrossRef]
- United Nations, Report of the world commission on environment and development: Our common future, (1987). <Retrieved from http://www.un-documents.net/wced-ocf.htm>
- B. Givoni, Climate Consideration in Building and Urban Design, Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York, (1998).
- P. Bansal, Evolving sustainably: a longitudinal study of corporate sustainable development, Strategic Management Journal, 26(3), (2005). [CrossRef]
- P.R. Berke and M.M. Conroy, Are we planning for sustainable development, Journal of the American Planning Association, 66(1), (2000). [CrossRef]
- C.J. Kibert, Sustainable Construction: Green Building Design and Delivery, John Wiley and Sons, New Jersey, (2008).
- F. Duchin, Global Scenarios about Lifestyle and Technology, the Sustainable Future of the Global System, United Nations University, Tokyo, (1995).
- G.K.C Ding, Sustainable construction – the role of environmental assessment tools, Journal of Environmental Management, 86(3), 451-64, (2008). [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- T. Waas, A. Verbruggen and T. Wright, University research for sustainable development: definition and characteristics explored, Journal of Cleaner Production, 18(7), 629-636, (2010). [CrossRef]
- M. Duris, I. Nemec and M. Polak, Buildability and sustainability – a question of professional responsibility, International Congress – Global Construction: Ultimate Concrete Opportunities, Dundee, (2005).
- W. Wang, R. Zmeureanua and H. Rivard, Applying multi-objective genetic algorithms in green building design optimization, Building and Environment, 40(11), 1512-1525, (2005). [CrossRef]
- R. Ries, M. Bilec, N.M. Gokhan and K.L Needy, The economic benefits of green buildings: A comprehensive case study, The Engineering Economist, 51(3), 259-295, (2006). [CrossRef]
- C. Thormark, The effect of material choice on the total energy need and recycling potential of a building, Building and Environment, 41(8), 1019-1026, (2006). [CrossRef]
- L. Florez, D. Castro and J. Irizarry, Measuring sustainability perceptions of construction materials, Constr. Innovation, 2(4), 217–234, (2013). [CrossRef]
- G.B. Hanna, Energy efficiency building codes for Egypt, Journal of Energy and Power Engineering, 5(12), 1134-1141, (2011). [CrossRef]
- International Code Council, Building Department Administration, ICC Publications, Country Club Hills, (2007).
- H.H. Liang, C.P. Chen, R.L. Hwang, W.M. Shih and S.C. Lo, Satisfaction of occupants toward indoor environment quality of certified green office buildings in Taiwan, Building and Environment, 72,232-242, (2014). [CrossRef]
- V. Potbhare, M. Syal, M. Arif, M.M.A. Khalfan and C. Egbu, Emergence of green building guidelines in developed countries and their impact on India, Journal of Engineering, Design and Technology, 7(1), 99-121, (2009). [CrossRef]
- A. Zimmerman and C.J. Kibert, Forum informing LEED’s next generation with the natural step, Building Research and Information, 35(6), 681-689, (2007). [CrossRef]
- A. Smith and M. Pitt, Sustainable workplaces and building user comfort and satisfaction, (2011).
- S. Korkmaz, M. Horman, K. Molenaar and D.Gransberg, Influence of project delivery methods on achieving sustainable high performance buildings, Research Sponsored by the Charles Pankow Foundation, DBIA, (2010). <available at: www.dbia.org/NR/rdonlyres/F15664D5-B617-487C-9C95-EE4F5E453A9D/0/CPF_ThrustII_05212010_Final.pdf.>
- Green Building Council of Australia, Green star overview, (2011). <available at: www.gbca.org.au/green-star/green-star-overview/>
- S.V. Szokolay, Introduction to Architectural Science: The Basis of Sustainable Design, Elsevier, (2008).
- J. Yang, Editorial: promoting integrated development for smart and sustainable built environment, Smart Sustain. Built Environment, 1(1), 4–13, (2012). [CrossRef]
- M. Bessoudo, A. Tzempelikos, A.K. Athienitis and R. Zmeureanu, Indoor Thermal Environmental Conditions near Glazed Facades with Shading Devices, Part 1: Experiments and Building Thermal Model, Building and Environment, 45, 2506-2516, (2010).
- S. Drake, The Third Skin: Architecture, Technology and Environment, UNSW Press, Sydney, (2007).
- E. Gratia and A. De Herde, Is day natural ventilation still possible in office buildings with a double-skin façade?, Building and Environment, 39(4), 399–409, (2004). [CrossRef]
- W. Liping and W.N. Hien, The impacts of ventilation strategies and facade on indoor thermal environment for naturally ventilated residential buildings in Singapore, Build. Environment, 42(12), 4006–4015, (2007). [CrossRef]
- A.P. Gagge, A.P. Fobeles and L.G. Berglund, A standard predictive index and human response to the thermal environment, ASHREA Transactions, 92(2), 709-731, (1986).
- C.K. Cheung, R.J. Fuller and M.B. Luther, Energy efficient envelope design for high rise apartments, Energy and Buildings, 37(1), 37-48, (2005). [CrossRef]
- C.E. Ochoa and I.G. Capeluto, Strategic decision- making for intelligent buildings: comparative impact of passive design strategies and active features in hot climate, Building and Environment, 43, 1829-1839, (2008). [CrossRef]
- H.L. Han, P.C. Chen, L.H. Ruey, M.S. Wen, C.L. Shih and Y.L. Huey, satisfaction of occupants towards indoor environment quality of certified office building in Taiwan, Building and Environment Journal, 72, 232-242, (2013).
- Z. Gou, D. Prasada and S.Y. Lau, Are green buildings more satisfactory and comfortable?, Habitat Int., 39, 156-161, (2013). [CrossRef]
- Buildings, GBI, (2013).
MATEC Web of Conferences
Volume 47, 2016The 3rd International Conference on Civil and Environmental Engineering for Sustainability (IConCEES 2015)
|Number of page(s)||6|
|Section||Building Environment, Architecture and Construction|
|Published online||01 April 2016|