- G. Mesri and B. Vardhanabhuti, Compression of granular materials, Canadian Geotechnical, 369-392, (2009). [CrossRef]
- K. Mair, K.M. Frye and C. Maronez, Influence of grain characteristics on the friction of granular shear zones, Journal of Geophysical Research, 107(10), 41 – 49, (2002). [CrossRef]
- C.A. Bareither, T.B. Edil, C.H. Benson and D.M. Mickelson, Geological and physical factors affecting the friction angle of compacted sands, Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, 134(10), 1476-1489, (2008). [CrossRef]
- J.A. Carraro, M. Prezzi and R. Salgado, Shear strength and stiffness of sands containing plastic or nonplastic fines, Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, 135(9), 1167-1178, (2009). [CrossRef]
- BS 1377, Methods of Test for Soils for Civil Engineering Purposes, British Standard Institution, London, (1990).
- A. Jongerius and G. Heintzberger, Methods in soil micromorphology, a technique for the preparation of large thin sections, Soil Survey Institute, Netherlands, (1975).
- E.A. Fitzpatrick, Micromorphology of Soils, Chapman and Hall, London, (1984). [CrossRef]
- J.D. Bell, O. Eruteya and O. Oono, Application of petrographic image analysis and multivariate statistical techniques for textural studies of oil sand samples, Annual Convention and Exhibition, Long Beach, 2012).
- N.A. Miller and J.J. Henderson, Correlating particle shape parameters to bulk properties and load stress at two water contents, Agronomy Journal, 103(5), 1514-1523, (2011). [CrossRef]
- C.A. Hecht, Geomechanical models for clastic grain packing, Pure Appl. Geophysic, 161, 331–349, (2004). [CrossRef]
- J. Faithfull, Identification tables for common minerals in thin section, (1998). <retrieved from http://www.hmag.gla.ac.uk/john/teaching/mintable.htm.> (accessed on June, 2015).
- G. Vahid, O. Husaini, M.Y. Zainuddin, K.H. Bujang, M. Ratnasamy and N.A. Mohd, A new model of microcracks propagation in granite rock, Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, (2010).
- A.B. Christopher, B.E. Tuncer, H.B. Craig and M.M. David, Geological and physical factors affecting the friction angle of compacted sands, Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, 134(10), 1476 – 1489, (2008). [CrossRef]
MATEC Web of Conferences
Volume 47, 2016The 3rd International Conference on Civil and Environmental Engineering for Sustainability (IConCEES 2015)
|Number of page(s)||7|
|Section||Geotechnics, Infrastructure and Geomatic Engineering|
|Published online||01 April 2016|