- H. Cheung, M. Ho, K. Lau, F. Cardona, and D. Hui, Natural fibre-reinforced composites for bioengineering and environmental engineering applications, Compos. Part B Eng., vol. 40, no. 7, pp. 655–663 (2009). [CrossRef]
- V. Fiore, G. Di Bella, and A.Valenza, Glass–basalt/epoxy hybrid composites for marine applications. Materials and design. vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 2091–2099, (2011). [CrossRef]
- S. Jayabal, U. Natarajan, and S. Sathiyamurthy, Effect of glass hybridization and stacking sequence on mechanical behaviour of interply coir–glass hybrid laminate, Bull. Mater. Sc, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 293–298, (2011). [CrossRef]
- S. Mishra, A. Mohanty, L. Drzal, M. Misra, S. Parija, S. Nayak, and S. Tripathy, Studies on mechanical performance of biofibre/glass reinforced polyester hybrid composites, Compos. Sci. Technol., vol. 63, no. 10, pp. 1377–1385, (2003). [CrossRef]
- I. Civile, U. Instm, and U. Perugia, Mechanical and impact characterisation of hybrid composite laminates based on flax, hemp, basalt and glass fibers produced by vacuum infusion, 15th european conference on composite materials, (2012)
- V. Lopresto, C. Leone, and I. De Iorio, Mechanical characterisation of basalt fibre reinforced plastic, Compos. Part B Eng., vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 717–723, (2011). [CrossRef]
- H. Bos, The Potential of Flax Fibres as Reinforcement for Composite Materials (2004).
- I. M. De Rosa, C. Santulli, F. Sarasini, and M. Valente, Post-impact damage characterization of hybrid configurations of jute/glass polyester laminates using acoustic emission and IR thermography, Compos. Sci. Technol., vol. 69, no. 7–8, pp. 1142–1150, (2009). [CrossRef]
- B. A. Muralidhar, Tensile and compressive properties of flax-plain weave preform reinforced epoxy composites, J. Reinf. Plast. Compos., vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 207–213, (2012). [CrossRef]
- P. Banibayat and A. Patnaik, Variability of mechanical properties of basalt fiber reinforced polymer bars manufactured by wet-layup method, Materials and design, vol. 56, pp. 898–906, (2014). [CrossRef]
- K. S. Ahmed and S. Vijayarangan, Tensile, flexural and interlaminar shear properties of woven jute and jute-glass fabric reinforced polyester composites, J. Mater. Process. Technol., vol. 207, no. 1–3, pp. 330–335, (2008). [CrossRef]
- M. Jawaid, H. P. S. Abdul Khalil, and A. Abu Bakar, Woven hybrid composites: Tensile and flexural properties of oil palm-woven jute fibres based epoxy composites, Mater. Sci. Eng. A, vol. 528, no. 15, pp. 5190–5195, (2011). [CrossRef]
- J. Zhang, K. Chaisombat, S. He, and C. H. Wang, Hybrid composite laminates reinforced with glass/carbon woven fabrics for lightweight load bearing structures, Mater. and Des., vol. 36, pp. 75–80, (2012). [CrossRef]
- I. D. G. Ary Subagia, Y. Kim, L. D. Tijing, C. S. Kim, and H. K. Shon, Effect of stacking sequence on the flexural properties of hybrid composites reinforced with carbon and basalt fibers, Compos. Part B Eng., vol. 58, pp. 251–258, (2014). [CrossRef]
- S. D. Pandita, X. Yuan, M. A. Manan, C. H. Lau, A. S. Subramanian, and J. Wei, Evaluation of jute/glass hybrid composite sandwich: Water resistance, impact properties and life cycle assessment, J. Reinf. Plast. Compos., vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 14–25, (2013). [CrossRef]
- S. Nunna, P. R. Chandra, S. Shrivastava, and AK. Jalan, A review on mechanical behavior of natural fiber based hybrid composites, J. Reinf. Plast. Compos., vol. 31, no. 11, pp. 759–769, (2012). [CrossRef]
- ASTM D790-10: Standard test methods for flexural properties of unreinforced and reinforced plastics and electrical insulating materials.” Annual Book of ASTM Standards, United States, (2010).
- E. V. González, P. Maimí, J. R. Sainz de Aja, P. Cruz, and P. P. Camanho, Effects of interply hybridization on the damage resistance and tolerance of composite laminates, Compos. Struct., vol. 108, pp. 319–331, (2014). [CrossRef]
- P. Samivel, Mechanical behavior of stacking sequence in kenaf and banana fiber reinforced-polyester laminate, Int. J. Mech. Eng. Robot. Res., vol. 2, (2013).
- E. Randjbaran, R. Zahari, N. A. A. Jalil, and D. L. A. A. Majid, Hybrid composite laminates reinforced with Kevlar/carbon/glass woven fabrics for ballistic impact testing., Scientific World Journal, (2014).
- P. N. B. Reis, J. a.M. Ferreira, F. V. Antunes, and J. D. M. Costa, Flexural behaviour of hybrid laminated composites, Compos. Part A: Appl. Sci. Manuf., vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 1612–1620, (2007). [CrossRef]
- R. Petrucci, C. Santulli, D. Puglia, F. Sarasini, L. Torre, and J. M. Kenny, Mechanical characterisation of hybrid composite laminates based on basalt fibres in combination with flax, hemp and glass fibres manufactured by vacuum infusion, Mater. and Des. vol. 49, pp. 728–735, (2013). [CrossRef]
- V.Fiore, G. Di Bella, and A. Valenza, Glass-basalt/epoxy hybrid composites for marine applications, Mater. and Des. vol. 32, (2011). [CrossRef]
MATEC Web of Conferences
Volume 39, 20162015 2nd International Conference on Chemical and Material Engineering (ICCME 2015)
|Number of page(s)||6|
|Section||Novel materials and properties|
|Published online||13 January 2016|