- R. W. Le Maitre, et al, Igneous rocks: a classification and glossary of terms, recommendations of the international union of geological sciences, Subcommission of the Systematics of Igneous Rocks. 2nd ed., Cambridge University Press, NY, 2002.
- M. Singh, and M. Garg, Perlite-based building materials – a review of current applications,Construction & Building Materials, 5(1991), 75–81. [CrossRef]
- N. Burriesci, A. Carmelo, P. Antonucci, Physicochemical characterization of perlite of various origins, Materials Letters, 3 (3)(1985), 103–110. [CrossRef]
- S. J. Johnstone, M.G. Johnstone, Minerals for the chemical and allied industries, 2nd ed. Chapman and Hall, London, 1961.
- J. S. Luongo, U. S. Patent No 6,251,979 B1. (2001)
- S. Yilmazer, M. B. Ozdeniz, The effect of moisture content on sound absorption of expanded perlite plates, Building and Environment, 40 (2005), 311–318. [CrossRef]
- W. P. Dube, L. L. Sparks, A. J. Slifka, Thermal conductivity of evacuated perlite at low temperatures as a function of load and load history, Cryogenics, 31(1991),3–6. [CrossRef]
- T. Kendall, No sign of the bubble bursting – perlite uses and markets,Industrial Minerals, 2000, 51–59.
- H. S. Kim, US 2014/0033953 A1. (2014)
- D. Shastri, H. S. Kim, A new consolidation process for expanded perlite particles, Construction and Building Materials, 60 (2014) 1–7. [CrossRef]
- H. S. Kim, M. M. Islam, Syntactic foams as building materials consisting of inorganic hollow microspheres and starch binder, in: D. C. Cornejo, J. L. Har (Eds.), Building materials: properties and performance and applications. Nova Publishers, 2009. Pp.1–56.
- H. S. Kim, P. Plubrai, Manufacturing and failure mechanisms of syntactic foam under compression, Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, 35 (2004), 1009–1015. [CrossRef]
- M. M. Islam, H. S. Kim, Novel syntactic foams made of ceramic hollow microspheres and starch – theory, structure and properties, Journal of Material Science, 42 (2007), 6123–6132. [CrossRef]
- M. M. Islam, H. S. Kim, Manufacture of syntactic foams: pre-mold processing, Materials and Manufacturing Processes, 22 (2007), 28–36. [CrossRef]
- M. M. Islam, H. S. Kim, Manufacture of syntactic foams using starch as binder: post-mold processing, Materials and Manufacturing Processes, 23 (2008), 884–892. [CrossRef]
- M. M. Islam, H. S. Kim, Pre-mould processing technique for syntactic foams: generalized modelling, theory and experiment, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 211(2011),708–716. [CrossRef]
- M. Arifuzzaman, H.S. Kim, Development of new perlite/sodium silicate composites, International Conference on Mechanical, Industrial and Energy Engineering (ICMIEE), Khulna University of Engineering & Technology, Khulna, Bangladesh,2014, 26–27.
MATEC Web of Conferences
Volume 26, 20152015 3rd Asia Conference on Mechanical and Materials Engineering (ACMME 2015)
|Number of page(s)||6|
|Section||Advanced materials and properties|
|Published online||12 October 2015|