- Alankus, G., Lazar, A., May, M. et al. Towards customizable games for stroke rehabilitation. Proceedings of the 28th international conference on human factors in computing systems, pp: 2113–2122.
- Association A P. 2000. DSM-IV-TR: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (4th ed.). American Psychiatric Press Inc.
- Axline, V.M. 2012. Play Therapy. Ballantine Books
- Bandeira, C., Massetti, T., Dias, T. et al. 2014. Transfer of motor learning from virtual to natural environments in individuals with cerebral palsy. Research in Developmental Disabilities. 35(10): 2430–2437. [CrossRef]
- Bao, X., Mao, Y., Lin, Q. et al. 2013. Mechanism of Kinect-based virtual reality training for motor functional recovery of upper limbs after subacute stroke. Neural Regeneration Research, 8(31): 2904.
- Bartoli, L., Corradi, C., Garzotto, F. et al. 2013. Exploring motion-based touchless games for autistic children’s learning. Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Interaction Design and Children. ACM, pp: 102–111.
- Bonnechere, B., Jansen, B., Omelina, L. et al. 2014. Can serious games be incorporated with conventional treatment of children with cerebral palsy? A Review. Re-search in Developmental Disabilities. 35: 1899–1913. [CrossRef]
- Burkhart, J. E., Fox, R., Rotatori, A. F. 1985. Obesity of mentally retarded individuals: prevalence, characteristics, and intervention. American Journal of Mental Deficiency, 90(3): 303–312.
- Chang, Y. 2011. A Kinect-based system for physical rehabilitation: A pilot study for young adults with motor disabilities. Research in Developmental Disabilities, 32(6): 2566–2570. [CrossRef]
- Chang, Y. 2013. A Kinect-based upper limb rehabilitation system to assist people with cerebral palsy. Research in Developmental Disabilities, 34(11): 3654–3659. [CrossRef]
- Chung, I.C., Huang, C.Y., Yeh, S.C. et al. 2014. Developing Kinect games integrated with virtual reality on activities of daily living for children with developmental delay. Advanced Technologies, Embedded and Multimedia for Human-centric Computing. Springer Netherlands, pp: 1091–1097. [CrossRef]
- Daily, D., Ardinger, HH. Holmes, GE. 2000. Identification and evaluation of mental retardation. American Family Physician, 61(4): 1059-1067+1070.
- Di Tore, S., D’Elia, F., Aiello, P. et al. 2012. Didactics, movement and technology: New frontiers of the human-machine interaction. Journal of Human Sport and Exercise, 7(1): 178–183. [CrossRef]
- Duarte, J., Vila C.V., Vila, J. et al. 2013. Advancing the playing field: A look at how virtual reality can change the future of anatomy teaching learning process. The FASEB Journal, 27(1): 960.42.
- El-laithy, R.A., Huang, J., Yeh, M. 2012. Study on the use of Microsoft Kinect for robotics applications. Position Location and Navigation Symposium (Plans), 2012 IEEE/ION. IEEE, pp: 1280 – 1288.
- Feliciano, L., Steers, ME., Elite-Marcandonatou, A. et al. 2009. Applications of preference assessment procedures in depression and agitation management in elders with dementia. Clinical Gerontologist, 32(3): 119–123. [CrossRef]
- Fernando, F.A., Susana, J.M., Sanatamaria, J.J. et al. 2012. Video games as a complementary therapy tool in mental disorders: PlayMancer, an European multicentre study. Journal of Mental Health, 21(4): 364–374. [CrossRef]
- Gualtieri, C.T., Schroeder, S.R., Hicks, R.E. et al. 1986. Tardive dyskinesia in young mentally retarded individuals. Archives of General Psychiatry, 43(4): 335–340. [CrossRef]
- Hsu, H.M.J. 2011. The potential of Kinect as interactive educational technology. Proc. 2nd Int. Conf. on Education and Management Technology, 1(5): 334–338.
- Hsu. J.H. 2011. The potential of Kinect in education. International Journal of Information and Education Technology, 1(5): 365–370. [CrossRef]
- Jan, W.H. & Custers. 2002. Pediatric evaluation of disability inventory: the Dutch adaption. Utrecht University.
- Jiang, H. & Jie, X. 2013. Kinect-based rehabilitation training assistant system and implementation. 2013 International Conference on Software Engineering and Computer Science. Atlantis Press, pp: 202–204.
- Lange, B., Chang, C.Y., Suma, E. et al. 2011. Development and evaluation of low cost game-based balance rehabilitation tool using the Microsoft Kinect sensor. Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, EMBC, 2011 Annual International Conference of the IEEE. IEEE, pp: 1831–1834.
- Lee K, M. & James E, M. 1993. Communication intervention for adults with severe mental retardation. Topics in Language Disorders, 13(3): 47–60.
- Liebling, D. & Morris, M.R. 2012. Kinected browser: depth camera interaction for the web. Proceedings of the 2012 ACM International Conference on Interactive Tabletops and Surfaces. ACM, pp: 105–108.
- Long, E.S. & Miltenberger, R.G. 1998. A review of behavioral and pharmacological treatments for habit disorders in individuals with mental retardation. Journal of Behavior Therapy and Experimental Psychiatry, 29: 143–156. [CrossRef]
- Luck, G., Riikkilä, K., Erkkilä, J. et al. 2006. Exploring relationships between level of mental retardation and features of music therapy improvisations: A computational approach. Nordic Journal of Music Therapy, 15(1): 30–48. [CrossRef]
- Luna-Oliva, L., Ortiz-Gutiérrez, R.M., Piédrola, R.M. et al. 2013. Kinect Xbox 360 as a therapeutic modality for children with cerebral palsy in a school environment: A preliminary study. Neuro Rehabilitation, 33(4): 513–521.
- Marie, B. & Heidi, S. 2011. An intensive virtual reality program improves functional balance and mobility of adolescents with cerebral palsy. Pediatric Physical Therapy, 23(3):258–266. [CrossRef]
- Marnie E, R., Grant T, H., Catherine A, C. 1992. An evaluation of a maximum security therapeutic community for psychopaths and other mentally disordered offenders. Law and Human Behavior, 16(4): 399–412. [CrossRef]
- Miskam, A.M., Masnin, S.F.N., Jamhuri, M.H. et al. 2014. Encouraging children with autism to improve social and communication skills through the game-based approach. Procedia Computer Science, 42: 93–98. [CrossRef]
- Miskam, M.A., Masnin, N.F.S., Jamhuri, M.H. et al. 2014. Encouraging children with autism to improve social and communication skills through the game-based approach. Procedia Computer Science, 42: 93–98. [CrossRef]
- Murphy, C., Boyle, C., Schendel, D. et al. 1998. Epidemiology of mental retardation in children. Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities Research Reviews, 4(1): 6–13. [CrossRef]
- Niklasson, L., Rasmussen, P., Gillberg, C. et al. 2009. Autism, ADHD, mental retardation and behavior problems in 100 individuals with 22q11 deletion syndrome. Research in Developmental Disabilities, 30(4): 763–773. [CrossRef]
- Parry, I., Carbullido, C., Kawada, J. et al. 2014. Keeping up with video game technology: Objective analysis of Xbox Kinect™ and PlayStation 3 Move™ for use in burn rehabilitation. Burns: Journal of the International Society for Burn Injuries, 40(5): 852–859. [CrossRef]
- Pereira, F., Silva, C., Alves, M. 2011. Virtual fitting room augmented reality techniques for e-commerce. ENTER Prise Information Systems, 27: 62–71. [CrossRef]
- Petrovska, S. 2013. Role of the game in the development of preschool child. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 92: 880–884. [CrossRef]
- Pompeu, J.E., Arduini, L.A., Botelho, A.R. et al. 2014. Feasibility, safety and outcomes of playing Kinect adventures! For people with Parkinson’s disease: a pilot study. Physiotherapy, 100(2): 162–168. [CrossRef]
- Ritterband-Rosenbaum, A., Christensen, M.S., Nielsen, J.B. 2012. Twenty weeks of computer-training improves sense of agency in children with spastic cerebral palsy. Research in Developmental Disabilities, 33(4): 1227–1234. [CrossRef]
- Roebel, A.M. & MacLean Jr, W.E. 2007. Spontaneous eye-blinking and stereotyped behavior in older persons with mental retardation. Research in Developmental Disabilities, 28(1): 37–42. [CrossRef]
- Scardovelli, T.A. & Frere, A.F. 2014. The design and evaluation of a peripheral device for use with a computer game intended for children with motor disabilities[EB/OL]. [2014.10.12]. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0169260714003472.
- Shea, E.S. 2006. Mental retardation in children ages 6 to 16. Seminars in Pediatric Neurology, (13): 262–270. [CrossRef]
- Tudor, I. & Tudor, M. 2013. Leisure sports activities impact on adults personal development and quality of life. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 84(9): 1090–1094. [CrossRef]
- Verstraete, S.J.M. 2006. Increasing children’s physical activity levels during recess periods in elementary schools: the effects of providing game equipment. The European Journal of Public Health, 16(4): 415–419. [CrossRef]
- Yeung, L.F., Cheng, K.C., Fong, C.H. et al. 2014. Evaluation of the Microsoft Kinect as a clinical assessment tool of body sway. Gait & Posture, 40(4): 532–538. [CrossRef]
- Zhang, Y. 2006. Population characteristics and the existence and development of the MR – a survey of 216 people with MR in Nanjing. Population and Society, 22(1): 41–45.
- Zhang, Z. 2012. Microsoft Kinect sensor and its effect. Multi Media, IEEE, 19(2): 4–10 [CrossRef]
MATEC Web of Conferences
Volume 22, 2015International Conference on Engineering Technology and Application (ICETA 2015)
|Number of page(s)||6|
|Section||Information and Communication Technology|
|Published online||09 July 2015|