- S. Chandrasekhar, “Hydrodynamic and Hydromagnetic stability,” Oxford University Press London, (1961).
- P.G. Drazin, D.H. Reid, “Hydrodynamic stability,” Cambridge University Press Cambridge, (2004).
- G. Venezian, “Effect of modulation on the onset of thermal convection,” J. Fluid. Mech., 35, 243–254, (1969). [CrossRef]
- R.J. Donnelly, “Experiments on the stability of viscous flow between rotating cylinders III: enhancement of hydrodynamic stability by modulation,” Proc. R. Soc. Lond. Ser., A, 281, 130–139, (1964). [CrossRef]
- S. Rosenblat, D.M. Herbert, “Low frequency modulation of thermal instability,” J. Fluid. Mech., 385–389, (1970). [CrossRef]
- S. Rosenblat, G.A. Tanaka, “Modulation of thermal convection instability,” Phys. Fluids., 14(7),1319–1322, (1971). [CrossRef]
- C.S. Yih, C.H. Li, “Instability of unsteady flows or configurations, Part 2. Convective instability,” J. Fluid. Mech., 54, 143, (1972). [CrossRef]
- K. Kumar, J.K. Bhattacharjee, K. Banerjee, “Onset of the first instability in hydrodynamic flows: effect of parametric modulation,” Phys. Rev., A. 34, 5000–5006, (1986). [CrossRef]
- R.G. Finucane, R.E. Kelly, “Onset of instability in afluid layer heated sinusoidally from bellow,” Int. J. Heat. Mass. Transf., 19, 71–85, (1976). [CrossRef]
- M.H. Roppo, S.H. Davis, S. Rosenblat, “Bénard convection with time periodic heating,” Phys.Fluids., 27, 796–803, (1984). [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- P.K. Bhatia, B.S. Bhadauria, “Effect of modulation on thermal convection instability,” Z. Naturforsch., 55a, 957–966, (2000).
- B.S. Bhadauria, P.K. Bhatia, “Time periodic heating of Rayleigh-Bénard convection,” Physica. Scripta., 66, 59–65, (2002). [CrossRef]
- B.S. Bhadauria, “Temperature modulation of double diffusive convection in a horizontal fluid layer,” Z. Naturforsch., 61a, 335–344, (2006).
- B.S. Bhadauria, “Time-periodic heating of Rayleigh-Bénard convection in a vertical magnetic field,” Physica. Scripta., 73(3), (2006). 296–302. [CrossRef]
- M.S. Malashetty, M. Swamy, “Efect of thrmal modulation on the onset of convection in rotating fluid ayer,” Int. J. heat. mass. transp., 51, 2814–2823, (2008). [CrossRef]
- B.S. Bhadauria, P.K. Bhatia, L. Debnath, “Weakly non-linear analysis of Rayleigh-Bénard convection with time periodic heating,” Int. J. Non-Linear. Mech. 44(1),58–65, (2009). [CrossRef]
- V.R.K. Raju, S.N. Bhattacharya, “Onset of thermal instability in a horizontal layer of fluid with modulated boundary temperatures,” J. Engg. Math., 66, 343–351, (2010). [CrossRef]
- P.G. Siddheshwar, B.S. Bhadauria, Pankaj Mishra, A.K. Srivastava, “Study of heat transport by stationary magneto convection in a Newtonian liquid under temperature or gravity modulation using Ginzburg-Landau model,” Int. J. non-linear. Mech. 47, 418–425, (2012). [CrossRef]
- B.S. Bhadauria, P.G. Siddheshwar, Om.P. Suthar, “Non-linear thermal instability in rotating viscous fluid layer under temperature/gravity modulation,” ASME. J. heat. transf., 34, 102502, (2012). [CrossRef]
- B.S. Bhadauria, I. Hashim, P.G. Siddheshwar, “Effects of Time-Periodic Thermal Boundary Conditions and Internal Heating on Heat Transport in a Porous Medium,” Transp. Porous. Media., 97, 185–200, (2013). [CrossRef]
- X.Z. Wu, A. Libchaber, “Non-Boussinesq effects in free thermal convection,” Phys. Rev., A43, 2833–2839, (1991).
- N.G. Kafoussius, E.M. Williams, “The effect of temperature-dependent viscosity on the free convective laminar boundary layer flow past a vertical isothermal plate,” Acta. Mech., 110, 123–137, (1995). [CrossRef]
- N.G. Kafoussius, D.A.S. Rees, “Numerical study of the combined free and forced convective laminar boundary layer flow past a vertical isothermal flat plate with temperature-dependent viscosity,” Acta. Mech., 127, 39–50, (1998). [CrossRef]
- M.M. Molla, M.A. Hossain, R.S.R. Gorla, “Natural convection flow from an isothermal circular cylinder with temperature-dependent viscosity,” Heat. Mass. Transf., 41, 594–598 (2005). [CrossRef]
- D. Pal, H. Mondal, “Influence of temperature dependent viscosity and thermal radiation on MHD-forced convection over a non-isothermal wedge,” Appl. Math. Comput., 212, 194–208, (2009). [CrossRef]
- Ching-Yang Cheng, “Natural convection boundary layer flow of fluid with temperature-dependent viscosity from a horizontal elliptical cylinder with constant surface heat flux,” Appl. Math. Comput., 217, 83–91, (2010). [CrossRef]
- S. Nadeem, N.S Akbar, “Effects of temperature dependent viscosity on peristaltic flow of a Jeffrey-six constant fluid in a non-uniform vertical tube,” Commun. Nonlinear. Sci. Numer. Simul., 15, 3950, (2010). [CrossRef]
- D.A. Nield, “The effect of temperature-dependent viscosity on the onset of convection in a saturated porous medium,” ASME. J. Heat. Transf., 118, 803–805, (1996). [CrossRef]
- B.S. Bhadauria, Palle. Kiran, “Heat transport in an anisotropic porous medium saturated with variable viscosity liquid under temperature modulation,” Transp. Porous. Media., 100, 279–295, (2013). [CrossRef]
MATEC Web of Conferences
Volume 16, 2014CSNDD 2014 - International Conference on Structural Nonlinear Dynamics and Diagnosis
|Number of page(s)||7|
|Section||Nonlinear thermal instability|
|Published online||01 September 2014|