- Lstiburek, J.W., “Why Green can be Wash”, ASHRAE Journal, 50 (11), 28-36, 2008.
- Chow, C.L., “Assessment of Fire Hazard on Glass Buildings with an Emphasis on Double-skin Façades”, PhD dissertation, Department of Architecture, University of Cambridge, UK, 2009.
- Chow, C.L., “Numerical Simulations on Airflow to the Double-skin Façade Cavity by an Adjacent Room Fire”, Proceedings of the ASME 2010 International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, Vol. 5, pp. 439-448, Paper no. IMECE2010-37478, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, 12-18 November, 2010.
- Oleszkiewicz, I., “Fire Exposure to Exterior Walls and Flame Spread on Combustible Cladding”, Fire Technology, November, 357-375, 1990. [CrossRef]
- Klopovic, S., and Turan, Ö.F., “Flames Venting Externally During Full-scale Flashover Fires: Two Sample Ventilation Cases”, Fire Safety Journal, 31 (2), 117-142, 1998. [CrossRef]
- Chow, C.L., Gao, Y., and Dong, H., “Selected Experimental Data Compiled from Full-scale Burning Tests on Glass Double-skin Façade Systems”, International Journal on Engineering Performance-based Fire Codes, Accepted to publish, 2012.
- Chow, C.L., Gao, Y., and Dong, H., “Full-scale Burning Tests on Glass Double-skin Façade Systems”, ASCE Texas Section Centennial Fall Conference 2013, 11-14 September 2013, Dallas, Texas, USA – Accepted to present.
- Chow, W.K., Hung, W.Y., Gao, Y., Zou, G., and Dong, H., “Experimental Study on Smoke Movement Leading to Glass Damages in Double-skinned Façade”, Construction and Building Materials, 21 (3), 556-566, 2007. [CrossRef]
- Chow, W.K., and Hung, W.Y., “Effect of Cavity Depth on Smoke Spreading of Double-skin Facade”, Building and Environment, 41 (7), 970-979, 2006. [CrossRef]
- Chow, C.L., Chow, W.K., Han, S.S., and So, A.K.W., “Vertical Air Temperature Profiles in a Single Skin Glass Façade with a ‘Jumping Fire' Scenario”, Journal of Applied Fire Science, 17 (2), 107-130, 2007-2008. [CrossRef]
- British Standard BS8414-1:2002, Fire Performance of External Cladding Systems – Part 1: Test Method for Non-loadbearing External Cladding Systems Applied to the Face of the Building, British Standards Institution, UK, 2002.
- British Standard BS8414-2:2005, Fire Performance of External Cladding Systems – Part 2: Test Method for Non-loadbearing External Cladding Systems Fixed to and Supported by a Structural Steel Frame, British Standards Institution, UK, 2005.
- Loss Prevention Standard LPS 1581: Issue 2.0, Requirements and Tests for LPCB Approval of Non-load Bearing External Cladding Systems Applied to the Masonry Face of a Building, BRE Global Ltd., 2010.
- Colwell, S., and Baker, T., Fire Performance of External Thermal Insulation for Walls of Multistory Buildings, 3rd Edition, Building Research Establishment Report BR135, UK, 2013.
- GB/T29416-2012, Fire Tests on External Building Façade, Chinese Standard, Beijing, implemented from 1 October 2012.
- Seigel, L.G., “The Projection of Flames from Burning Buildings”, Fire Technology, 5, 43-51, 1969. [CrossRef]
- Thomas, P.H., and Law, M., “The Projection of Flames from Buildings on Fire”, Fire Prevention Science and Technology, 10, 19-26, 1972.
- Chow, W.K., “Experience on Implementing Performance-based Design in Hong Kong”, Welcome speech, The 9th Asia-Oceania Symposium on Fire Science and Technology, Hefei, China, 17-20 October, 2012.
MATEC Web of Conferences
Volume 9, 20131st International Seminar for Fire Safety of Facades
|Number of page(s)||9|
|Section||Fire Safety Engineering|
|Published online||29 November 2013|