- Harmathy T.Z. and Lie T.T., Fire Test Standard in the Light of Fire Research, Fire Test Performance, ASTM STP 464, American Society for Testing and Materials, 85–97, 1970. [CrossRef]
- Maluk C., Bisby L., Terrasi G., Krajcovic M., and Torero J.L., Novel Fire Testing Methodology: Why, How and What Now?, Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Performance Based and Life Cycle Structural Engineering (PLSE), 11pp, 2012.
- Sultan M.A., Harmathy T.Z., and Mehaffey J.R., Heat transmission in fire test furnaces, Fire and Materials, 10(2), 47–55, 1986. [CrossRef]
- Welch S. and Rubini P.A., Three-dimensional Simulation of A Fire-resistance Furnace, Proceedings of the 5th International Symposium on Fire Safety Science, 1009–1020, 1997.
- Harmarthy T.Z., The fire resistance test and its relation to real-world fires, Fire and Materials, 5(3), 112–122, 1981. [CrossRef]
- Wickström U., The plate thermometer – a simple instrument for reaching harmonized fire resistance tests, Fire Technology, 30(2), 195–208, 1994. [CrossRef]
- ISO, ISO 834: Fire Resistance Tests – Elements of Building Construction. International Organization for Standardization, Geneva, Switzerland, 25pp, 1999.
- ASTM, Test Method E119-12: Standard methods of fire test of building construction and materials, American Society for Testing Materials, West Conshohocken, PA, 34pp, 2012.
- Bisby L., Gales J., and Maluk C., A contemporary review of large-scale nonstandard structural fire testing. Fire Science Reviews, 2013. (in press)
- Stadler M., Mensinger M., Schaumann P., and Sothmann J., Munich Fire Tests on Membrane Action of Composite Slabs in Fire – Test Results and Recent Findings, Proceedings of the International Conference on Applications of Structural Fire Engineering, Prague, Czech Republic, 177–182, 2011.
- Mostafaei H., RR-316 – Hybrid Fire Testing for Performance Evaluation of Structures in Fire - Part 1: Methodology, National Research Council of Canada, Ottawa, 2011.
- Vassart O. and Zhao B., FRACOF Engineering Background. Report developed for the project Leonardo Da Vinci: Fire Resistance Assessment of Partially Protected Composite floors (FRACOF), 2011.
- Ödeen K., “Fire Test Standard in the Light of Fire Research”, ASTM Special Technical Publication 464, 30–56, 1970.
- Law M., Designing fire safety for steel – recent work, Proceedings of the ASCE Spring Convention, American Society of Civil Engineers, New York, 11–15 May, 1981.
- Eurocode 2, EN 1992-1-2: Design of concrete structures – Part 1.2: General rules – Structural fire design, European Committee for Standarisation, Brussels, Belgium, 2004.
- Mowrer F.W., Window Breakage Induced by Exterior Fires, NIST-GCR-98-751, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, MD, USA, 1998.
- Sakji S., Soize C., and Heck, J. Probabilistic Uncertainty Modeling for Thermomechanical Analysis of Plasterboard Submitted to Fire Load, Journal of Structural Engineering, 134(10), 1611–1618, 2008. [CrossRef]
- Terrasi G.P., Bisby L., Barbezat M., Affolter C., and Hugi E., Fire Behavior of Thin CFRP Pretensioned High Strength Concrete Slabs, Journal of Composites for Construction, 16(4), 381–394, 2012. [CrossRef]
- British Standard, BS EN 14889-2:2006, Fibres for concrete – Part 2: Polymer fibres – Definitions, specifications and conformity, 30pp, 2006.
- Khoury G., and Anderberg Y., Concrete Spalling Review, Report submitted to the Swedish National Road Administration, 60pp, 2000.
- Kodur V., Spalling in high strength concrete exposed to fire – Concerns, causes, critical parameters and cures, ASCE Structures Congress, Philadelphia, PA, 9pp, 2000.
- Hertz K. and Sørensen L., Test method for spalling of fire exposed concrete. Fire Safety Journal, 40(5), 466–476, 2005 [CrossRef]
- Smith K. and Atkinson T. Factors to consider in using PP fibres in concrete to provide explosive spalling resistance in the event of a fire. Shotcrete Elem. of a Syst., CRC Press, 261–268, 2010. [CrossRef]
MATEC Web of Conferences
Volume 6, 2013Concrete Spalling due to Fire Exposure: Proceedings of the 3rd International Workshop
|Number of page(s)||8|
|Section||Experimental Investigation of Spalling Mechanisms|
|Published online||17 September 2013|