- Ashe, B, Total cost of fire in Australia. Journal of Risk Research, 2009. 12(2): p. 121–136. [CrossRef]
- Harmathy, T., Effect of moisture on fire endurance of building elements. 1965, American Society for Testing and Materials: Philadelphia. p. 74–95.
- Khoury, G., et al., Modelling of heated concrete. Mag of Concrete Research, 2002. 54(2): p. 77–101. [CrossRef]
- Phan, L., Fire performance of high-strength concrete: a report of the state of-the-art. 1996, Building and Fire Research Laboratory, National Institute of Standards and Technology: Gaithersburg.
- Phan, L. and N. Carino, Review of mechanical properties of HSC at elevated temperature. Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, 1998. 10(1): p. 58–64. [CrossRef]
- Phan, L., J. Lawson, and F. Davis, Effects of elevated temperature exposure on heating characteristics, spalling, and residual properties of high concrete. Materials and Structures, 2001. 34(1): p. 83–91. [CrossRef]
- American Society for Testing of Materials 2007, Construction and Materials (ASTM E119–07a).
- Australian Standard AS1530.4 1997
- Bangi, M.R. and T. Horiguchi, Pore pressure development in hybrid fibre-reinforced high strength concrete at elevated temperatures. Cement and Concrete Research, 2011. 41(11): p. 1150–1156. [CrossRef]
- Jansson, R. Liquid/steam pressure measurement inside concrete exposed to fire. in Structures in fire 06, proceedings from the 4th international workshop, Aveiro, Portugal. 2006.
- Mindeguia, J.-C., et al., Temperature, pore pressure of concrete subjected to temperature – Experimental discussion on spalling. Cement and Concrete Research, 2010. 40(3): p. 477–487. [CrossRef]
- Chen, X.T., et al., Experimental evidence of a moisture clog effect in cement-based materials under temperature. Cement and Concrete Research, 2009. 39(12): p. 1139–1148. [CrossRef]
- Jansson, R. and L. Bostrom, The influence of pressure in the pore system on fire spalling of concrete. Fire Technology, 2010. 46(1): p. 217–230. [CrossRef]
- Ko, J., D. Ryu, and T. Noguchi, The spalling mechanism of high-strength concrete under fire. Magazine of Concrete Research, 2011. 63(5): p. 357–370. [CrossRef]
- Phan, L.T., Pore pressure and explosive spalling in concrete. Materials and Structures/Materiaux et Constructions, 2008. 41(10): p. 1623–1632. [CrossRef]
- Simon, H., G. Nahas, and N. Coulon, Air-steam leakage through cracks in concrete walls. Nuclear Engineering and Design, 2007. 237(15–17): p. 1786–1794. [CrossRef]
- Guerrieri, M. and S. Fragomeni, Influence of in-situ pore pressures and temperatures on spalling of reinforced concrete walls subjected to fire, in ACMSM22. 2012: Sydney.
- Consolazio, G., M. McVay, and J. Rish, Measurement and prediction of pore pressures in saturated cement mortar subjected to radiant heating. ACI Materials Journal, 1998. 95(5): p. 525–536.
- Harada, K. and T. Terai, Heat and mass transfer in the walls subjected to fire. 1997, Building and Fire Research Laboratory, National Institute of Standards and Technology: Gaithersburg, MD. p. 423–435.
- Anderberg, Y., Spalling phenomena of HPC and OPC. 1997, Building and Fire Research Laboratory, National Institute of Standards and Technology: Gaithersburg, MD. p. 69–73.
- Kalifa , P., G. Chene, and C. Galle, High-temperature behaviour of HPC with polypropylene fibres – from spalling to microstructure. Cement and Concrete Research, 2001. 31(10): p. 1487–1499. [CrossRef]
- Khoury, G., Compressive strength of concrete at high temperatures: a reassessment. Magazine of Concrete Research, 1992. 44(161): p. 291–309. [CrossRef]
- Khoury , G., Concrete spalling assessment methodologies and polypropylene fibre toxicity analysis in tunnel fires. Structural Concrete, 2008. 9(1): p. 11–18. [CrossRef]
- Bazant , Z.P. Analysis of pore pressure, thermal stresses and fracture in rapidly heated concrete. in International Workshop on Fire Performance of High-Strength Concrete. 1997. Gettysburg: NIST.
- Nechnech, W., F. Meftah, and J. Reynouard, An elasto-plastic damage model for plain concrete subjected to high temperatures. Engineering Structures, 2002. 24(5): p. 597–611. [CrossRef]
- Ulm, F.J., O. Coussy, and Z.P. Bazant, The “Chunnel” fire. I: Chemoplastic softening in rapidly heated concrete. Journal of engineering mechanics, 1999. 125(3): p. 272–282. [CrossRef]
MATEC Web of Conferences
Volume 6, 2013Concrete Spalling due to Fire Exposure: Proceedings of the 3rd International Workshop
|Number of page(s)||9|
|Section||Experimental Investigation of Spalling Mechanisms|
|Published online||17 September 2013|