- Barret, On the French and other methods of constructing iron floors, Civil Engineering and Architect's Journal, Vol XVII, pp 94, 1854.
- Ingle J., Recent improvements in the application of concrete to fire-proof constructions, London Civil Engineering and Architects’ Journal, pp 378–381, 1866.
- Swedish Tariff Association, Concrete and Fire (in Swedish), A book published by the Swedish Tariff Association, 112 pages, 1959.
- Kordina K., Fire resistance of prestressed concrete, Proceedings of a symposium on the fire resistance of prestressed concrete, held under the auspices of the F.I.P. Commission on Fire resistance of prestressed concrete at Braunschweig, Germany, June 1965.
- Woolson I., Investigation of the Effect of Heat Upon the Crushing Strength and Elastic Properties of Concrete, Proceedings of the American Society for Testing Materials, 1905.
- Lange D., Sjöström J., Jansson R and Boström L., Deflection of concrete floor slab during a fire test: Testing and modelling, 15th International Conference on Experimental Mechanics ICEM15, Faculty of Engineering, University of Porto, Portugal, 22–27 July 2012.
- Miller R. P. Contribution to the discussion at the end of the report “Investigation of the Effect of Heat Upon the Crushing Strength and Elastic Properties of Concrete” by Ira Woolson, Proceedings of the American Society for Testing Materials, 1905.
- Gary, M., Brandproben an Eisenbetongbasuten (in German), Deutcher Ausschlutss für Eisenbetong, Heft 11, Berlin, Germany, 1911.
- Gary, M., Brandproben an Eisenbetongbasuten (in German), Deutcher Ausschlutss für Eisenbetong, Heft 33, Berlin, Germany, 1916.
- Gary, M., Brandproben an Eisenbetongbasuten (in German), Deutcher Ausschlutss für Eisenbetong, Heft 41, Berlin, Germany, 1918.
- Meyer-Ottens C., Zur Frage der Abplatzungen an Betonbauteilen aus Normalbeton bei Brandbeanspruchung, PhD-thesis, Braunshweig, Germany, 1972.
- Woolson I., Fire in a reinforced concrete warehouse at Far Rockaway, New York, U.S.A, RED BOOKS of the British Fire Prevention Committee, No. 21, 1918.
- Humphrey R., Report of committee on far rockaway fire, Chairman Richard Humphrey, Proceedings of the Seventeenth Annual Convention of the American Concrete Institute, Chicago, February 14–16, 1921.
- Hull W., Fire tests of concrete columns, Proceedings of the Sixteenth Annual Convention, American Concrete Institute, Chicago, 1920.
- Diederichs U., Jumppanen U-M. & Schneider U., High Temperature Properties and Spalling Behaviour of High Strength Concrete, Proceedings of the Fourth Weimar Workshop on High-Strength Concrete: Material Properties and Design Held at Hochschule fur Architcktur und Bauwesen (HAB), Weimar, Germany, Oct. 1995.
- Sundius N., Investigation of fire exposed concrete by microscopy (in Swedish) BETONG, Number 2, 1931.
- Hasenjäger, Über das Verhalten des Betons und Eisenbetons im Feuer und die Ausbildung von Dehnungsfugen im Eisenbetonbau, Dissertation, Techniche Hochschole Braunschweig 1935, as cited by: Meyer-Ottens C., Zur Frage der Abplatzungen an Betonbauteilen aus Normalbeton bei Brandbeanspruchung, PhD-thesis, Braunshweig, Germany, 1972.
- Sönnerberg S., The fight against fire (in Swedish), A book published by Berneces Förlag AB, Malmö, Sweden, 1952.
- Shorter G. W. & Harmathy T. Z. Discussion on the article “The fire resistance of concrete beams” by Ashton and Bate, Proceedings, Institute of Civil Engineers, Vol. 20, 1961, p. 313.
- Harmathy, T. Z., Effect of moisture on the fire endurance of building materials, Moisture in Materials in Relation to Fire Tests, ASTM Special Technical Publication No. 385, pp 74–95, 1965. [CrossRef]
- Jansson R., Fire spalling of concrete, PhD Thesis, Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, 2013.
- Waubke N. V. “Transportphänomene in Betonporen”, Dissertation, Technishe Universität Braunschweig, 1966.
- Waubke N. V. and Schneider U., Tensile stress in concrete due to fast vapour flow, Proceedings of the international RILEM symposium “Pore Structure and Properties of Materials”, Prauge, September, 1973.
- Dougill J. W., Modes of failure of concrete panels exposed to high temperatures, Magazine of Concrete Research, Vol 24, No 79, June, 1972.
- Johansson L., Flame cleaning of concrete (in Swedish) Report 7424, Swedish Cement and Concrete Research Institute, 1974.
- Bennet J., Claesson J. and Thelandersson S., Calculations of temperature, moisture, and pressure distributions in concrete exposed to fire, Report from the Department of Mathematical Physics, Division of structural Mechanics, University of Lund, November 1976.
- Hannant D. J., Fiber Cements and Fiber Concretes, Book published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd, 1978.
- Copier W. J., The spalling of normal weight and lightweight concrete on exposure to fire, Heron, Vol 24, No 2, The Nederlands, 1979.
- Hertz K., Explosion og reststyrke af varmepåvirket silikabeton (in Danish), Report 162, Danmarks tekniske Höjskole, Ljungby, 1982.
- Hertz K., Explosion of Silica-fume Concrete, Fire Safety Journal, No 8, 1984/85.
- Long W. G. & Moeller H. H., Rapid Fire Refractories, United State Patent 4,419,451, December 6, 1983.
- Malhotra H. L., Spalling of concrete in fires, Technical note 118, CIRA, 1984.
- Sato H., Explosive spalling of prestressed concrete in fire, Japanese Building Research Institute, Occasional Report 22, Ministry of Construction, Tokyo, Japan, 1965.
- Sertmehmetoglu Y., On a mechanism of fire soalling of concrete under fire conditions, PhD Thesis, Kings College, London, Great Britain, 1977.
- Akhtaruzzaman A. A. and Sullivan P. J. E., Explosive spalling of concrete exposed to high temperature, Concrete Structures Research Report, Imperial College, Great Britain, 1970.
- Hertz K., Danish Investigations on Silica Fume Concretes at Elevated Temperatures, ACI Materials Journal, July–August, 1992.
- Tait C. & Höj N. P., Storebaelt Eastern Railway Tunnel: Dania Tunnel Boring Machine Fire- Analysis and Recovery, Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers, Supplement to Civil Engineering, Vol 114, Special issue 1, 1996.
- Höj N. P. & Tait C., Great Belt Tunnel Repairs and Refurbishment Following a Fire, 2nd International Conference on Tunnel Management, Operation and Maintenance, Seminar on Tunnel Fires, Hong Kong, China, February 16–18, 1998.
- Trafikministeriet (1995), Sikerhet ved Transport gennom Storebealtstunnelen, Official report from Trafikministeriet (in Danish), Denmark, November, 1995.
- Khoylou N., Modelling of moisture migration and spalling behaviour in non-uniformly heated concrete, PhD thesis, University of London, March, 1997.
- Ichikawa Y., Predictions of pressures, heat and moisture transfer leading to spalling of concrete in fire, PhD Thesis, Imperial Collage, London, Great Britain, 2000.
- Petrov-Denisov V.G., Maslennikov L.A. and Pitckob A.M., Heat- and moisture transport during drying and first heating of heat resistant concrete (In Russian). Concrete and Reinforced Concrete 1972;2: 17–8 as cited by Herz 2003 [x].
- Hertz K., Limits of Spalling of Fire-Exposed Concrete, Fire Safety Journal, No 38, 2003.
- Jansson R., Material properties related to fire spalling of concrete, Licentiate Thesis, Report TVBM-3143, Lund University, 2008.
MATEC Web of Conferences
Volume 6, 2013Concrete Spalling due to Fire Exposure: Proceedings of the 3rd International Workshop
|Number of page(s)||11|
|Section||Experimental Investigation of Spalling Mechanisms|
|Published online||17 September 2013|