- S. Choi, “Enhancing Thermal conductivity of fluids with nanoparticles,” D.A. Siginer, H.P. Wang(Eds.) Development and applications of Non-Newtonian Flows, ASME FED, 231/MD., 66, 99 (1995).
- J. C. Maxwell, “A Treatise on Electricity and Magnetism,” third ed., Oxford University Press, London, (1892).
- S. Choi, “Nanofluid technology: current status and future research,” Energy Technology Division, Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne, (1999).
- H. Masuda, A. Ebata, K. Teramae, N. Hishinuma, “Alteration of thermal conductivity and viscosity of liquid by dispersing ultra fine particles,” Netsu Bussei., 7, 227 (1993). [CrossRef]
- J.A. Eastman, S.U.S. Choi, W. Yu, L.J. Thompson, “Anomalously Increased Effective Thermal Conductivities of Ethylene Glycol-Based Nanofluids Containing Copper Nanoparticles,” Appl. Phys. Lett., 78, 718 (2001). [CrossRef]
- S.K. Das, N. Putra, P. Thiesen, W. Roetzel, “Temperature Dependence of Thermal Conductivity Enhancement for Nanofluids,” ASME J. Heat Transfer, 125, 567 (2003).
- H. Xie, J. Wang, T. Xi and Y. Liu, “Study on the thermal conductivity of SiC nanofluids,” Journal of the Chinese Ceramic Society, 29(4), 361–364,(2001).
- H. Xie, J. Wang, T. Xi and Y. Liu, “Thermal conductivity of suspensions containing nanosized SiC particles,” Int. J. Thermophys, 23, 571ï¿½–580, (2002a). [CrossRef]
- H. Xie, J. Wang, T. Xi and F. Ai, “Thermal conductivity enhancement of suspensions containing nanosized alumina particles,” J. Appl. Phys., 91, 4568–ï¿½4572, (2002b). [CrossRef]
- H. Xie, J. Wang, T. Xi, Y. Liu, and F. Ai, “Dependence of the thermal conductivity of nanoparticles-fluid mixture on the base fluid,” J. Mater. Sci. Lett., 21, 469–ï¿½1471, (2002c). [CrossRef]
- X. Wang, X. Xu, and S.U.S. Choi, “Thermal conductivity of nanoparticle-fluid mixture,” J. Thermophys. Heat Transfer, 13, 474–ï¿½480, (1999). [CrossRef]
- H.E. Patel, S.K. Das, T. Sundararajan, A.S. Nair, B. George and T. Pradeepa, “Thermal conductivities of naked and monolayer protected metal nanoparticle based nanofluids: Manifestation of anomalous enhancement and chemical effects,” Applied Physical Letters, 83, 2931–2933, (2003). [CrossRef]
- J.A. Eastman, S.U.S. Choi, W. Yu and L.J. Thompson “Thermal Transport in Nanofluids.” Annual Rev. Mater. Res., 34, 219–246, (2004). [CrossRef]
- J. Buongiorno, “Convective transport in nanofluids,” ASME J. Heat Transfer, 128, 240 (2006). [CrossRef]
- D.Y. Tzou, “Instability of nanofluids in natural convection,” ASME, Jr. of Heat Transfer, 130, 072401, (2008).
- D.Y. Tzou, “Thermal instability of nanofluids in natural convection” Int. Jr. Heat Mass transfer, 51, 2967–2979, (2008). [CrossRef]
- J. Kim, Y.T. Kang and C.K. Choi “Analysis of convective instability and heat transfer characteristics of nanofluids”, Phys. Fluids, 16, 2395–2401 (2004). [CrossRef]
- J. Kim, C.K. Choi, Y.T. Kang and M.G. Kim “Effects of thermodiffusion and nanoparticles on convective instabilities in binary nanofluids, Nanoscale Microscale Thermophys. Eng., 10 29–39 (2006). [CrossRef]
- J. Kim, Y.T. Kang and C.K. Choi “Analysis of convective instability and heat transfer characteristics of nanofluids,” Int. J. Refrig., 30, 323–328 (2007). [CrossRef]
- D. A. Nield and A.V. Kuznetsov, “Thermal instability in a porous medium layer saturated by nonofluid,” International Jr. of Heat and Mass Transfer, 52, 5796–5801, (2009). [CrossRef]
- D.A. Nield and A.V. Kuznetsov, “The effect of local thermal nonequilibrium on the onset of convection in a nanofluid,” Journal of Heat Transfer, 132, 052405,(2010).
- A.V. Kuznetsov, and D.A. Nield, “Thermal instability in a porous medium layer saturated by a nanofluid: Brinkman Model,” Trans. Porous Med., 81, 409–422, (2010a). [CrossRef]
- S. Agarwal, B.S. Bhadauria and P.G. Siddheshwar, “Thermal Instability of a Nanofluid Saturating a Rotating Anisotropic Porous Medium,” STRPM, 2, 53–64, (2011).
- A.V. Kuznetsov, and D.A. Nield, “Effect of local thermal non-equilibrium on the onset of convection in porous medium layer saturated by a Nanofluid,” Transp Porous Medium, 83, 425–436, (2010b). [CrossRef]
- S. Chandrasekhar, “Hydrodynamic and Hydromagnetic Stability,” Oxford University Press, London (1961).
MATEC Web of Conferences
Volume 1, 2012CSNDD 2012 – International Conference on Structural Nonlinear Dynamics and Diagnosis
|Number of page(s)||5|
|Section||Hydrodynamic Instability and Heat Transfer|
|Published online||09 July 2012|